Sexting...did you know?

Status
Not open for further replies.

titanic

Meanwhile, the LORD instructed one of the group of prophets to say to another man, "Strike me!" But the man refused to strike the prophet. Then the prophet told him, "Because you have not obeyed the voice of the LORD, a lion will kill you as soon as you leave me." And sure enough, when he had gone, a lion attacked and killed him. (1 Kings 20:35-36 NLT)
You want a personal emotional connection with *that* God?
Apparently a quick way to hell is not punching out prophets.
Answer: Well, sir. I can see the tension within this story of Scripture. God seems quite harsh here but we must understand the severity of the situation. The LORD is instructing the other man through the prophet. It is not just a man telling someone else to do something rash but that "by the word of the Lord" it must be done to serve as a visual picture to Ahab. It seems that the man who was killed would have understood the seriousness of words coming from a respected prophet. It probably wasn't as random as it sounds but was given brevity for the sake of the importance of the narrative concerning Ahab, the king, which was more important. This would not have been a theological problem for the early audience of this text. Essentially, though, if that still poses difficulty for you, I must say that you would want a relationship with this God because there is no other God to go to. Also, this God is merciful. Even though he has to do justice, and sometimes swiftly, he often allows sin to go unpunished temporarily so that man is given more time to repent from his evil ways. God could have a rendered a judgment like this to all of us for one infraction like this but He does not want us to perish but to come to eternal life.

Last edited by a moderator:

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I done something like this before and I still feel terrible about it.

Don't do it. It's not worth it. :(

titanic

I done something like this before and I still feel terrible about it.

Don't do it. It's not worth it. :(
Oh, what did you do? :blink:

I know a fair bit about copyright law, patents and designs and have an attorney, I've needed to because of my business.

Lovecraft

Answer: Well, sir. I can see the tension within this story of Scripture. God seems quite harsh here but we must understand the severity of the situation. The LORD is instructing the other man through the prophet. It is not just a man telling someone else to do something rash but that "by the word of the Lord" it must be done to serve as a visual picture to Ahab. It seems that the man who was killed would have understood the seriousness of words coming from a respected prophet. It probably wasn't as random as it sounds but was given brevity for the sake of the importance of the narrative concerning Ahab, the king, which was more important. This would not have been a theological problem for the early audience of this text.
I think a reputedly all-loving God wouldn't ask a prophet to get socked in the face, and if I believed a man a prophet of a God that espouses love and compassion and he told me to hit him I would think him having a psychological fit and send for the doctor. Why would God tell me to punch his prophets rather than feed the poor?!

Essentially, though, if that still poses difficulty for you, I must say that you would want a relationship with this God because there is no other God to go to.
Allah, Krsna, Odin, Zeus, Jupiter, Flying Spaghetti Monster, the teapot orbiting Mars, Satan, Cthulhu, the Sun, the Moon, Chuck Norris, etc.

Also, this God is merciful. Even though he has to do justice, and sometimes swiftly, he often allows sin to go unpunished temporarily so that man is given more time to repent from his evil ways. God could have a rendered a judgment like this to all of us for one infraction like this but He does not want us to perish but to come to eternal life.
God is like the mob boss; yes, the mob boss. He'll protect you and he's a good friend, but if you want him to be your friend you have to pay him some of your hard-earned money when he puts the gun to your head. He runs the world for the benefit ONLY of him and those that pay him the protection money (Prayer, belief) and sees everyone else as an expendable pawn. (So they go to hell; he doesn't love you if you don't stroke his ego - NOBODY would let parents get away with putting the children in eternal fire because they loved them because it's obvious bollocks.)

NOT when permission is given by the copyright owner. I actually have the free leaflet as well, which I got from a local Church.
Alright, now answer to the parts of my argument that actually matter.

bhawk

titanic, in all seriousness, i am the reincarnation of christ. I am the son of God. Now with this in mind i am telling you everything in the bible is false! People have misinterpretated it. Will you follow me?

Do you believe me?

bhawk

also could you please tell me whether you actually agree with things like Deuteronomy 22:13-21 which says that if a woman is not a virgin at marriage then she should be killed.

what a tolerant and kind god you follow

titanic

titanic, in all seriousness, i am the reincarnation of christ. I am the son of God. Now with this in mind i am telling you everything in the bible is false! People have misinterpretated it. Will you follow me?

Do you believe me?
God's Word + Relationship = Truth

titanic

also could you please tell me whether you actually agree with things like Deuteronomy 22:13-21 which says that if a woman is not a virgin at marriage then she should be killed.

what a tolerant and kind god you follow
If you really what to know the truth for yourself, why don't you look at the other side of the coin and research your questions.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20091120115016AAn1UOZ

You need to put the OT into perspective / times.
http://www.gnpcb.org/esv/search/?passage=Deuteronomy+22:13-21

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090927145321AAC7XVN

bhawk

If you really what to know the truth for yourself, why don't you look at the other side of the coin and research your questions.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20091120115016AAn1UOZ

You need to put the OT into perspective / times.
http://www.gnpcb.org/esv/search/?passage=Deuteronomy+22:13-21

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090927145321AAC7XVN
why rely on yahoo answers ill quote dueteronomy directly

13If any man take a wife, and go in unto her, and hate her,

14And give occasions of speech against her, and bring up an evil name upon her, and say, I took this woman, and when I came to her, I found her not a maid:

15Then shall the father of the damsel, and her mother, take and bring forth the tokens of the damsel's virginity unto the elders of the city in the gate:

16And the damsel's father shall say unto the elders, I gave my daughter unto this man to wife, and he hateth her;

17And, lo, he hath given occasions of speech against her, saying, I found not thy daughter a maid; and yet these are the tokens of my daughter's virginity. And they shall spread the cloth before the elders of the city.

18And the elders of that city shall take that man and chastise him;

19And they shall amerce him in an hundred shekels of silver, and give them unto the father of the damsel, because he hath brought up an evil name upon a virgin of Israel: and she shall be his wife; he may not put her away all his days.

20But if this thing be true, and the tokens of virginity be not found for the damsel:

21Then they shall bring out the damsel to the door of her father's house, and the men of her city shall stone her with stones that she die: because she hath wrought folly in Israel, to play the ***** in her father's house: so shalt thou put evil away from among you.

Well thats pretty conclusive, god wants people to kill women if they say they are a virgin at marriage when they arent....so for lying someone deserves to be put to death, this is the words of the god you follow, do you deny it?

in that case being the infallible word of god you truly believe in your heart that a woman should be stoned to death for such a thing?

bhawk

and what difference does culture and the times have in relation to gods word, god is timeless, god is all knowing, the bible is the word of god and god is infallible.

bhawk

God's Word + Relationship = Truth
well i am in direct communication with god. we have a relationship, me being his reincarnated son, hence truth.
you didnt answer my question anyway, do you believe me and will you follow me as i am the reincarnation of christ?

Axiom

Account Closed
why rely on yahoo answers ill quote dueteronomy directly

13If any man take a wife, and go in unto her, and hate her,

14And give occasions of speech against her, and bring up an evil name upon her, and say, I took this woman, and when I came to her, I found her not a maid:

15Then shall the father of the damsel, and her mother, take and bring forth the tokens of the damsel's virginity unto the elders of the city in the gate:

16And the damsel's father shall say unto the elders, I gave my daughter unto this man to wife, and he hateth her;

17And, lo, he hath given occasions of speech against her, saying, I found not thy daughter a maid; and yet these are the tokens of my daughter's virginity. And they shall spread the cloth before the elders of the city.

18And the elders of that city shall take that man and chastise him;

19And they shall amerce him in an hundred shekels of silver, and give them unto the father of the damsel, because he hath brought up an evil name upon a virgin of Israel: and she shall be his wife; he may not put her away all his days.

20But if this thing be true, and the tokens of virginity be not found for the damsel:

21Then they shall bring out the damsel to the door of her father's house, and the men of her city shall stone her with stones that she die: because she hath wrought folly in Israel, to play the ***** in her father's house: so shalt thou put evil away from among you.
Is that stuff in the bible? Ill have to look it up, that's nuts. Seems like the bibles perception on god is that he sexist, life is valued on as a hierarchy.. among other things. But over the last few centuries god has evolved, or our perception of him has. Meh, written by man. All subjective desirable manipulated garbage

poison

Andrew hun,its not about that.

Its about reputation, respect and dignity. When something like this happens..it gives people a reason to call them *****s and sluts(which is what happened) which resulted in depression for her. Girls bodies are very precious and private to them too...they have the right to choose who should see it. In this case, she was stripped of those rights and left exposed for everyone to see.. :unsure:
girl was stupid and naive for sending photo, guy was insensitive and piggish for spreading it.

humanity is a lost cause. :poo: i hope i die as soon as possible.

Do you believe me?
You are out of your fucking mind! And how did this thread become hijacked into all this bullshit about, christ, etc... ASSHOLES!

bhawk

You are out of your fucking mind! And how did this thread become hijacked into all this bullshit about, christ, etc... ASSHOLES!
one man claims to be the son of god and people kill millions in his name because he "is", another man makes the claim and he is out of his mind???

logic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00