Sexual abuse by own mother?

Discussion in 'Rape and Abuse' started by Yana, Nov 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yana

Yana Active Member

I'm just wondering if there is anyone who has experienced sexual abuse by their mother? In particualar, but not exclusively of course, I'd like to hear from any women in this position. I guess from asking this it is pretty obvious what has happened to me so I shallnt hide it. I was sexually abused from birth. It later turned into physical abuse and then emotional. The manipulation and control are still issues I'm struggling to be free of many years after leaving home. I'm starting to wonder if I'm the only one out there with this issue but I feel I can't be. I've sought help from professionals and noone seems to know what to say as they've never encountered it before. People seem to view mothers as caring creatures and it never seems to cross their minds that this power and often exclusive caring role can be seriously abused. Equally if anyone knows of any sources of help for such issues I'd be grateful. Thanks for taking the time to read this.

2. RySp123

RySp123 Guest

look up for 'voices of youth' org.
    there is also the psychcentral- Childhool sexual abuse.
    also can find info, forum chat with the TSF resources, etc.....
    there are several sites dealing with this issue... perhaps you want to do a quick search on whatever engine to find them? You could then discuss , find info, help or support from directly concerned young women.

i only put one link so if that is a no-no cancel this first part... thanks moderators.
  3. Melancholy

Melancholy Well-Known Member

I can't say I have been abused by my mum. However, I can totally relate to everyone thinking that mums are caring and sensitive.

My mum took no notice when my stepdad was abusing me. Even went as far as saying it was my fault.

I'm here if you ever need to talk :hug:
  4. RySp123

RySp123 Guest

Hun, I don't mean to enter in this issue not having enough knowledge about it, but mother's instinct is not something 100% full proof. Some females (females as in all age range) do develop it in young age whereas others develop it later in life (fully grown and above) and the least but do exist and must be not only acknowledged, but also understood that it is not something 'given to women when born' type thing.

there is this misconception that women are MADE to bare child and can only 'fully fufilled' if going through childbirth and worse expected to do it..... and expected by both men and women alike that all women have this motherhood thing in themselves..... wrong belief to begin with.

Some women do abuse of their authority, model figure or else to harm or hurt. Abuse exist and no term still exist to women abusing either males or females (children of their own or else) sexually or ohter form of abuse yet not brought forth by the media as when it comes to abuse by men (pedophiles)....
    so little is known and taught to children about what's right and wrong in behaviours........ When teaching is done, it is always in reference to men which is the most common or known to the mass yet some effort should be done to preven both abuse (all type) by both genders.

I have provided some links and more exist on the net to be found through search yet each of us, of YOU, should take upon our own self to teach and make it a point to ask (strongly at that) that those in charge of teaching prevention DO bring this topic to public assistence (students of all age group).
    I mean school boards, director or dean etc...... so that children will be aware that evil does exist even possibly under their own roof or the neighbors' roofs or on the street... but lets not foget anyone that is at risk of hurting a child...... MEN AND WOMEN ALIKE.
  5. Fishman

Fishman Guest

I think statistically 1 in 4 pedophiles is a female.
  6. Tweaks

Tweaks Member

I know a pedophile a male one that is in jail at this moment but i dont wanna see him for my own safety im like if i see one i can kill it so easily i saw lately a documentairy on tv about a pedophile that abused a 12 year old boy and i was like if i meet you your gonna die..
    He wasn't allowed anymore to work with children anymore and he did he gave lessons on a sail school.
    And then he got confronted about it with the reporter and he said ok im gonna tell the parents.
    So a couple days later another reporter with a secret camara was going to that meeting and he admitted it and the parents where like quiet.
    Then he talked more about it and said that he helped that 12 year old boy.
    I was like WTF?! If i was a parent of the kid on the sail school that dude wouldn't be alive now..
    But anyway that is bullshit what he said so that confirmed me that i rather kill a pedophile then that he does it again.
  7. amylou

amylou Well-Known Member

I can understand how you feel I wasnt exactly abused by my mum but she knew I was abused and throws it in my face in arguments.
  8. incombustible2000

incombustible2000 Well-Known Member

I was not sexually abused by my mother but my mother emotionally abused me, so I can understand somewhat, I was sexually abused by other people though. But I can understand why you would have a hard time dealing with this, but one thing you have to always remember is that you cannot take responsibility for what your mother did, and you where a child that you did not choose to be born, and that it was your mothers responsibility to raise you right, but one other thing always remember also it that you cannot change the past, and do not let, them people who hurt you still have power over you.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.