Sexual anorexia

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by arbrsc, Aug 29, 2010.

1. arbrsc

arbrsc New Member

I heard about it and read this, and I feel it is a lot like me.

I think I am more nervous about having sex in the future than excited about it. Plus sometimes I feel I have aspergers which doesn't help the situation. I wish I could be normal.
  2. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

To be honest, I think many people feel that way. It doesn't make you not 'normal', it just makes you human.
  3. plates

plates Well-Known Member

That article describes my ex and she had possible Asperger's too. It pretty much destroyed me to be around her.

I think, and this is only my personal opinion, that loads of people are nervous about sex. But if you have a compulsion to avoid emotional intimacy- and you're going about it in a way that distresses you, - then therapy can help figure out why and heal some of whatever's frightening you. It can be difficult tho' because it can bring up some really uncomfortable issues.
  4. Twinkle ☆ Twinkle

Twinkle ☆ Twinkle Well-Known Member

Yeah, I've heard about that too, on the Tyra show and I thought it was a lot like me. Sex seems to me more scarry than well... sexy sometimes...

I had never even heard of sex anorexia before. It seemed like such a strange thing when I heard of it.
  5. Socialman

Socialman Well-Known Member

I avoid emotional intimacy because of something sexual that happened to me as a child.