sexual curiosity or abuse

Discussion in 'Rape and Abuse' started by total eclipse, Jul 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

If a older sibling is trying to find out about sex and approaches a younger sibling making it a game show and tell say is that really abuse or just sexual couriosity the older sibling is 17-18 and the younger one is 7-8 The older sibling has no father to guide him and a mother who is too busy raising 8 kids on her own. Just need to know what you think thats all sorry if it triggers anything

2. Brighid Moon

Brighid Moon Member & Antiquities Friend

At 17 you know about sex, you know what you're doing, you're sexually capable, and you're not at 7-8. Also at 17 you're pretty much an adult in both a sexual and emotional regard (despite lack of life experience). You know what you're doing. Also you have learned that you don't do anything sexual with family members by then, that its not socially acceptable. It's abuse.

3. Crue-K

Crue-K Well-Known Member

As the older sibling is not pre-pubescent, then it is safe to say this behaviour is not acceptable and should not be tolerated. Someone of this age (17-18) should be well aware of this, unless they are slow(mentally).

I think but am not sure, you can be catagorised as a sex offender from age 12upwards.

4. reefer madness

reefer madness Account Closed

That's abuse.

5. mandyj101

mandyj101 Well-Known Member

i agree with every1 above .. at 17-18 u know right from wrong .. and definately kno that playin such a game is wrong .. i was 7-8 when i was abused .. i knew it was wrong .. but i wasnt mature enough 2 realise Just how wrong it was .. iv felt responsible and like it was my fault .. but the truth is anything like that at such a young age IS abuse .. isnt right .. and shouldnt happen :hug:

6. total eclipse

No your right it shouldn't happen but it does and back then everything was kept quiet. Funny how the child was to blame once the child told. The child was sent away told she was not good. told tokeep it all quiet that she had a bad mind she had a filthy thoughts god why. Im sorry just wondered because i can understand he had noone to turn to was trying tolearn but to tell the child to shut up keep it quiet she wasjust haveing a nightmare to tell the child to keep it all inside or someone who come and take her idon't understand why she was toblame and sent away not him I don't hate him he just wanted to learn sickthough.

7. total eclipse

No it was not abuse no just stupidity on the part of the teenager just selfish stupidity.

8. Songie

Songie Well-Known Member

That is most certainly abuse. As a 17 year old, I can tell you that at this age we know exactly what sex is. So yeah, definitely abuse...not sexual curiosity.

9. Mikeintx

Mikeintx Well-Known Member

Its funny because I have found my self in a similar situation and wondering the same things... its a blurry line...

10. yursomedicated

yursomedicated Chat & Forum Buddy

If you ever need to talk Mary, I'm here for you.

:hug:

11. PandorasToybox

PandorasToybox Well-Known Member

Somebody did that too me, its friggin molestation/abuse in my eyes

12. total eclipse

I still feel not so much abuse really blurry line like MikeIntx says i don't know really just to young just remembering all this stuff really should just let it be thanks everyone for responses

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.