sexual harassment

Discussion in 'Rape and Abuse' started by danni, Jul 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. danni

danni Chat Buddy

(I don't know if this is the correct place for this)

so I been working at my current job for 3 years now, and recently I got into management (been there for almost a couple months) (I'm at the lowest level on management)
    anyways my supervisor is a women and she shows me the rope and we are actual pretty good friends. well ever since I got into my spot the 2 big bosses which are higher up them my supervisor . They talk about sex when I happen to be around , and one has try to touch my butt. and they will talk very dirty to me. I ask one of them to help me with something at work and while he was helping me out he started touching him self. and I left the work as quick as possible. ( lets call him john ) Now I told this top dog guy about it and I don't know if he said anything to them. But john he still gives me the creeps. while im working he would just stare at me and not doing anything. And my supervisor has gone through the same thing I went through with the 2 guys.

anyways is there anything I can do. I love my job and everything it just I don't like them treating this way. I don't like being look at as a object or anything . I'm f***g human

:(

2. Northern

Northern SF Supporter

Do you have a human ressources departement? If so they are the people you should talk with.

3. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

Evidence is the key for u and your friend.

4. Talk to human resources or even talk to the police if human resources is not doing anything. What those males (can't call them men) are doing is illegal - it is not just against company policy but against the law. I suggest however that whatever department you talk to try to get a woman because men may not take you seriously or think you were teasing the males (I am not suggesting that you are but men tend to stick with other men or think it is not that big a deal, which I assure you it is). If you can get your friend to come with you (or even make separate reports) so that they will know it is not just you.

5. Freya

Freya Loves SF Staff Member ADMIN

What country are you in? In the UK and the US it is absolutely illegal and I can't even comprehend the touching himself part. If you are in a different country I am not sure what the law says about workplace harassment so it would be good to know where you are so the advice you are getting is relevant.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.