sexual incounters as a child??? HELP!

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by _May_, Jan 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. _May_

_May_ Guest

When I was younger maybe 9 or 10, I had lesibian incounters with my friends. We use to role play and get naked and rub up against eachother and make out. I don't understand this at all and its really affecting me, I am now 16. Im disgusted with myself and that among other things has caused me to attempt suicide several times. I really need help, if you ask questions I will answer asap. Im not really sure what's relevent so just ask if you think it could be conected
  2. ~Serendipity~

~Serendipity~ Active Member

You should NOT feel digusted with yourself ... You were young and curious, it is how we learn. It is very normal for young girls & boys to explore their sexuality and just because you were with other girls it does not mean that you are lesbian at all, it was what it was and you should not allow it to effect you now.

I hope you can work through your troubles ... you are so young and have so much life to live.
  3. nagisa

nagisa Chat & Forum Buddy Staff Alumni

_May_ I had encounters like that as well with my friends as a child. And yes, I felt disgusted with myself for a long time. But really, it wasn't your fault. You were a child. That what I had to tell myself to help myself get over that. That I didn't really understand what I was doing and certainly didn't understand what it would do to me in the future. I'm sure it's the same for you. I'm sorry that you have to live with the memories, I have to too, so I understand how hard it can be sometimes. :hug:
  4. meliisa

meliisa Member

It is a natural part of growing up
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2009
  5. ToHelp

ToHelp Well-Known Member

May you're still a child. It's not at all a natural part of growing up to attempt suicide repeatedly or to self-harm and I strongly recommend asking to talk to someone about this. It can be a guidance counselor at school, someone at church, or anyone available to point you in the right direction so that you can talk this out - but don't minimize or downplay it ok?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2009
  6. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi May.

You were a child. You didn't know the consequences of your actions. You need to leave the past in the past and move on. It would be best to find someone to talk to about this, perhaps see a counselor? :hug:
  7. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Hello May,
    I agree with Serendipity, it was just two youths exploring sexuality. You did not do anything wrong. When my sisters were young my oldest sister would try to get my other sister to make out with her so she could practice kissing before she would let a boy kiss her. It is just youthfull curiosity! It shouldn't be a reason to want to harm yourself. If you are feeling that strongly about it then why not see a therapist. It will be only you and the therapist. No one else needs to know anything about it. I hope you are able to let it go. You have carried that burdone long enough. Please, seek the help. Or if you feel o.k. with it then talk to some of the women here on the forum. No one knows who you are so you can feel safe to speak privately with them. Take Care!!!~Joseph~
  8. _MayU

_MayU Guest

Thanks for your help, its nice to know that this is not so uncommon. I have a therapist but I could never tell her or anyone face to face or even speak the words. But mayb in time I will learn to accept the past
  9. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

:hug: I hope you can build up the courage to tell her. If you can't then maybe to should get a new therapist. Therapy can only help if you're entirely honest. I wish you the best of luck :)
  10. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

I'm glad we were able to ease your mind about this. Like I said if you aren't comfortable talking to someone face to face, then talk to some here on the forum. No one knows who you are so you can let it out and confront it. Just PM someone and they will get back to you when they receive it. Take Care!!~Joseph~
  11. wheresmysheep

wheresmysheep Staff Alumni

i have similar feelings from actions of mine when i was a child,
    i feel that maybe it is why things have happened to me since.
    i am sorry you have gone thru this. i dont know if i will be able to help, but if you need to talk i'm here :hug:
  12. icerain

icerain Well-Known Member

this is a very natural occurrence that happens (alot) when pre-teens and teens start to get curious about sex. it does not deem anybody to a specific sexual gender. many children do this, and it is OK to do so as long as everybody involved feels safe enought to do so. try to relax, and know that you felt safe enough to experiment with your sexuality with your friends.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.