Sexually Abused

Discussion in 'Rape and Abuse' started by Girldontknow, Feb 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Girldontknow

Girldontknow Member

I do not know if I was abused sexually. The police reports and my mother say I was. I can only remember bits and pieces of the touchy and rubbing. How do I know if there was the sex they said their was? Whenever the pyshical abuse by my parents is brought up to my mom by authorities, she always claimed it was because I am upset about the sexual abuse that happened with my cousin. I do not know what to think anymore.
  2. amoa

amoa Member

I remembered only bits and parts as well i hardly ever remembered the whole thing except when i faced the bastard again.
  3. Malcontent

Malcontent Staff Alumni

It's the brain's natural defense mechanism to block out things that you're not ready to deal with. If you feel in your gut that it happened then trust that. You'll remember the details when you're ready to, try not to force it.

Take care
  4. Beret

Beret Staff Alumni

Good luc hun, i hope at some time youll be ready to remember those horrible moments, love Beret xxx
  5. I crave this defense mechanism. For the moment my only method to block out things that I am not ready to deal with is a bullet from a handgun.

I am not making light of this thread and the serious matter already being discussed here but Malcontent's observation caught my eye and I felt compelled to comment.
  6. theleastofthese

theleastofthese SF Friend Staff Alumni

I fantasize daily about such a defense mechanism as you describe... only it's not allowed me as I've decided that's NOT an option. But it's a temporary release to daydream about my demise.

least least least least

didn't mean to hijack this thread, sorry
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2007
  7. scared_child

scared_child Account Closed

<Mod Edit:Jodil> i understand that you only remember little bits and pieces, i was like that for a while, but then slowly all of the memories came back...and I wished they hadnt, ya know? so, if you would like to talk further you can email me- and we can talk. *smiles reassuringly* I hope things get better for you, k?
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.