Sexually harassed

Cagla

romantic bastard
I had been once sexually harassed. By a successful lawyer. I needed job so I went to his office and he didn't give me the job at the end...but he touched me in various ways. Tried to hug me etc... I was so innocent and I thought he was just overly friendly and close to other people. But i learnt without consent ...you cannot touch a person's body. And definitely you cannot try to hug when the person seems unwilling.
I didn't tell about it much. Because i was really stupid or scared. Don't know. But now I feel disgusted. That same person was disgusting enough to ask me if i was virgin or not. And he was a lawyer. He was a lawyer supporting women's freedom movement. He was almost same age with my father. He had daughters.
And in the end i was wrong to ask for job from him. My friends made me the bad girl.
Now i feel alienated and I definitely don't feel anything for men in this country. Generalized the issue and it's wrong. I know. But it seems impossible to feel anything. Even the guy i loved for a long time was a ****. He couldn't fucking say it...say that he didn't like me and I was stupid.
Definitely not sad because I'm alone. No. I'm just scared for children in this planet. I do think adopting kids is best option. Don't bring more kids to that rotten planet. İt's done. We are making it rotten. ....

I've been through something similar. Was trying to pursue becoming an artist, interned under a very successful one, who early on made his intentions very clear why I was there. Saying things like "Just do what I say and you'll get to where I am". Very manipulative. I left after 2 days.

It's so frustrating when these things happen, when someone in power abuses it. These people thrive in silence though. I would definitely see if you could talk to somebody about it. He has no right to do something like that and get away with it.

Cagla

romantic bastard
Thank you guys :) i don't remember those past things a lot. Just wanted to share something I'm sure lots of people can relate to... So frustrating that we 'need to' feel ashamed and ask ourselves if we are wrong and give wrong vibes for some people...... So sad. Most women blame themselves. Why tho? That's the only case when an offended one blame himself that much. And when I say that I become a feminazi? :/
And yeah i know males can be raped too. Boys and girls. Even other species like cats. ... No i don't exclude them. But most of time the one who gets blamed is woman. That's sad....

Innocent Forever

🐒🥜🍌
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Thank you guys :) i don't remember those past things a lot. Just wanted to share something I'm sure lots of people can relate to... So frustrating that we 'need to' feel ashamed and ask ourselves if we are wrong and give wrong vibes for some people...... So sad. Most women blame themselves. Why tho? That's the only case when an offended one blame himself that much. And when I say that I become a feminazi? :/
And yeah i know males can be raped too. Boys and girls. Even other species like cats. ... No i don't exclude them. But most of time the one who gets blamed is woman. That's sad....
You are not to blame.
It is sad. And then view is slowly changing.
💕💕💕

*console i'm so sorry this happened to you, it can be a rotten planet, & there are some bad people do bad things to others, not everyone is rotten, yourself for example & the trust you placed in that man. I hope you will meet more of the people who are good to you & treat you better. thinking of you, hope you have help to start recovering from what has happened & how terribly your 'so called friends' have responded to you when you needed their support the most.

mayo12

I had been once sexually harassed. By a successful lawyer. I needed job so I went to his office and he didn't give me the job at the end...but he touched me in various ways. Tried to hug me etc... I was so innocent and I thought he was just overly friendly and close to other people. But i learnt without consent ...you cannot touch a person's body. And definitely you cannot try to hug when the person seems unwilling.
I didn't tell about it much. Because i was really stupid or scared. Don't know. But now I feel disgusted. That same person was disgusting enough to ask me if i was virgin or not. And he was a lawyer. He was a lawyer supporting women's freedom movement. He was almost same age with my father. He had daughters.
And in the end i was wrong to ask for job from him. My friends made me the bad girl.
Now i feel alienated and I definitely don't feel anything for men in this country. Generalized the issue and it's wrong. I know. But it seems impossible to feel anything. Even the guy i loved for a long time was a ****. He couldn't fucking say it...say that he didn't like me and I was stupid.
Definitely not sad because I'm alone. No. I'm just scared for children in this planet. I do think adopting kids is best option. Don't bring more kids to that rotten planet. İt's done. We are making it rotten. ....
im sorry you had to go through this, I hope you can overcome this and are able to recover*brohug

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00