Sexually transmitted disease

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by Petal, Apr 27, 2009.

Have you ever had a sexually transmitted disease?

1. Yes

11 vote(s)
  2. No

43 vote(s)
  1. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Have you ever had one?

The poll is ANONYMOUS.
  2. cult logic

cult logic Staff Alumni

Not really likely to get one unless you don't know what a rubber is or have way too many partners.
  3. The_8th_Wonder

The_8th_Wonder senior Member

I'm a virgin.

Enough said.
  4. BioHomocide

BioHomocide Well-Known Member

I haven't had sex enough to be at risk.
  5. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

I've had herpes on my face since I was about a year old. Thanks, life.
  6. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

I like how there is a poll, because it's anonymous, and it's less likely people will admit to it here I think, although I'm sure there would be no judgement.
    I have never had one. Haven't been checked in a while but I'm always careful.
    Had a scare once because of the area of infection but it turned out to be something temporary and it wasn't an STD.
  7. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

Oh, and I'd just like to point out, in case it wasn't obvious: you don't have to be sexually active at all to get an STD, and you can easily get it by having sex once, even using a condom.
  8. Rosenrot

Rosenrot Forum Buddy

shame at all the yesses.

i mean we all know the dangers and how easy it is to not get one. :|
  9. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

did you know you can get STD's in your mouth? and also if you have a cold sore on your lips it can get on someone's genitals when you give them oral sex( cold sore is herpes 1)... condoms are a must and there are so many varieties that there's no reason not to wear one....
  10. ThoseEmptyWalls

ThoseEmptyWalls Well-Known Member

I will admit I have hpv..But it wasnt my fault.. I have had it as far back as I can remember being checked out and I was checked out for the first time before I even had sex on my own free will... So thanks to some child molester I have to suffer.. So not everyone who gets a std is stupid and careless.
  11. The Scream

The Scream Well-Known Member

i didn't get checked yet since i lost my virginity in october...
  12. Kunera

Kunera Well-Known Member

I'm a virgin, so yeah...
    All clear.
  13. Random

Random Well-Known Member

Not to my knowledge. For all I know, I have an asymptomatic one right now (Or maybe the symptoms simply aren't that alarming). I haven't had a lot of sex partners but I did some risky stuff a few years ago so I do kind of worry at times.
    Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2009
  14. Random

Random Well-Known Member

I hope you're not being serious because there are quite a few STDs and the only surefire way not to get one is never to have sex or only have one sex partner in your life, make sure both of you are tested before you ever touch each other and hope they never cheat. Or, you can take every person you ever get intimate with to get tested first. People probably should do that but it's easy to slip.

The shame is that there is so much shame about it that people are often reluctant to even get tested or talk about it. People make mistakes. Shaming them won't change anything. It'll just make them feel worse.
  15. Shogun

Shogun Well-Known Member

I've had Chlamydia, once.

Before anyone judges me.... Chlamydia is a very common and easily treatable STD.

I never had any symptoms with it, but I used to sleep around a lot when I was younger and obviously I went for check ups now and then. One time it came back positive on Chlamydia. I went back to the clinic immediately, popped 4 fairly large pills and it was gone within the week.

No big deal.
  16. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

I dunno... I beg to differ. I think it kind of IS a big deal!

I also slept around a hell of a lot when I was younger, and half the time I was having unprotected sex.
    For some lucky lucky reason I never got pregnant and I never caught anything, although I had a few scares and did get checked over a few times.

I know people and have known people who have died and are dying of AIDS, I only wish this had scared me into not doing anything back then, but when you're on a downward spiral, these things don't seem to make a dent.
    I also knew a woman at work who contracted Chlamydia through her partner. Not symptoms either and several years later her ovaries were so damaged that she couldn't conceive.

I think having unprotected sex - knowingly - is one of the dumbest things a human being can do, and I am so ashamed of myself from back then. :(
    And it pains me when I hear little girls on the bus talking about having unprotected sex and saying things like "If I get pregnant I'll just get an abortion. No big thing now is it. You just take a pill". When that is the least of their worries.
  17. Random

Random Well-Known Member

Of course it is and I wish I never had but human beings sometimes do dumb things. It's part of what makes us human. We're imperfect. But putting the person who did something dumb and unfortunately paid a high price in the center of a guilt circus and telling them how stupid they were over and over isn't very productive (or nice). I'm sure they don't need to be told it wasn't smart.
  18. jameslyons

jameslyons Well-Known Member

Virgins shouldn't attack sexually active people for getting a disease. I'm clean (and get tested three times a year unless something provokes more research :)) but the fact of the matter is...they're common , and the more partners you have the higher your chance of getting something. Most STDs are treatable and frighteningly common. We all know HIV and Herpes , but the majority of diseases are like flus and its a risk of being sexually active.

I don't like the responses to Shogun's post.

Safe protection is a must, and being tested regularly is not only the smart thing to do, but it's also the responsible thing to do. All hail penicillin! :tongue:

Safety first, y'all.
  19. jessikah2k8

jessikah2k8 Well-Known Member

I had chlyamydia when I was 14..
  20. plates

plates Well-Known Member