1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SF Cookbook Thread

Discussion in 'Self Care and Healthy Lifestyles' started by Speedy, Nov 4, 2011.

1. Innocent Forever

Innocent Forever Go as long as you can. And then take another step. Chat Pro SF Supporter

They're perfect, well the honey date one looked good, just way too long (for me to be bothered writing out on an index card).
    Should show you the decorative sides I've done :) I've a few more to scrapbook, but need more recipes really too.

EZ Writer likes this.
  2. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Eccentric writer, general weirdo, heedless heathen

If you want a Fear Factor type meal, feel free to try these tried and true recipes from yesteryear:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

EZ Writer and Eves like this.
  3. gypsylee

gypsylee SF Supporter

I find myself trying ever more radical interpretations of traditional dishes, in an effort to somehow express the void I feel so acutely. Today I tried this recipe:

Tuna Casserole

Ingredients: 1 large casserole dish

-Place the casserole dish in a cold oven.
    -Place a chair facing the oven and sit in it forever.
    -Think about how hungry you are.
    -When night falls, do not turn on the light.

(The Jean-Paul Sartre Cookbook)

4. EZ Writer

EZ Writer SF Supporter

I'm sharing my favorite chicken dish. I love it. It's garlicky and delicious. It started out as something I would make for my family on Friday night to welcome the Sabbath (I'm Jewish) and you can increase the recipe so you can have lots of leftovers...but it's best eaten the night or day it's cooked
    Friday Night Chicken:
    8-10 pieces of chicken with the skin on and bones in (thighs, drumsticks, breast halves, whatever you like best)
    1 clove of garlic for each piece of chicken, so 8-10 cloves, minced
    Juice of one lemon, more if you need, 2-3 tbs.
    1-2 tsp. Oregano.
    A little olive oil or ghee
    Coarse salt

1. Preheat oven to 450º F
    2. Arrange the chicken pieces in a baking pan. I use a glass pan; if I use a metal pan, I line it with foil first.
    3. Scoop up some of the garlic you've minced and put some under the skin of each piece of chicken. Sprinkle the rest over the chicken.
    4. Sprinkle each piece with oregano.
    5. Pour the lemon juice over the chicken.
    6. Drizzle a little oil or ghee (maybe a tbs) over the chicken.
    7. Sprinkle with salt.
    8. Put the chicken in the preheated oven and turn the temperature down to 350º (immediately, after you've shut the oven door). This lets the skin get crackly and the meat stays tender.
    9. Let it cook for an hour. It will be done if the juices seem clear and the meat looks solid, not raw.

5. EZ Writer

EZ Writer SF Supporter

These two really frightened me! AUGGGGGHHHH!!!!

Witty_Sarcasm likes this.