• Both the IOS/ Apple Iphone/ Ipad and the Android/Google versions of the sites mobile app are now available for download from the resources page. The app is free for all members. This app will allow you to get notifications on your mobile device whenever a thread or forum you watch has a new post, when your thread or posts get replies, when you recive a private message, etc. The links to download the app are in the resoiurces area - https://www.suicideforum.com/community/resources/categories/example-category.1/

SF Cookbook Thread

Innocent Forever

Go as long as you can. And then take another step.
Chat Pro
SF Supporter
I find myself trying ever more radical interpretations of traditional dishes, in an effort to somehow express the void I feel so acutely. Today I tried this recipe:

Tuna Casserole

Ingredients: 1 large casserole dish

-Place the casserole dish in a cold oven.
-Place a chair facing the oven and sit in it forever.
-Think about how hungry you are.
-When night falls, do not turn on the light.

(The Jean-Paul Sartre Cookbook)

I'm sharing my favorite chicken dish. I love it. It's garlicky and delicious. It started out as something I would make for my family on Friday night to welcome the Sabbath (I'm Jewish) and you can increase the recipe so you can have lots of leftovers...but it's best eaten the night or day it's cooked
Friday Night Chicken:
8-10 pieces of chicken with the skin on and bones in (thighs, drumsticks, breast halves, whatever you like best)
1 clove of garlic for each piece of chicken, so 8-10 cloves, minced
Juice of one lemon, more if you need, 2-3 tbs.
1-2 tsp. Oregano.
A little olive oil or ghee
Coarse salt

1. Preheat oven to 450º F
2. Arrange the chicken pieces in a baking pan. I use a glass pan; if I use a metal pan, I line it with foil first.
3. Scoop up some of the garlic you've minced and put some under the skin of each piece of chicken. Sprinkle the rest over the chicken.
4. Sprinkle each piece with oregano.
5. Pour the lemon juice over the chicken.
6. Drizzle a little oil or ghee (maybe a tbs) over the chicken.
7. Sprinkle with salt.
8. Put the chicken in the preheated oven and turn the temperature down to 350º (immediately, after you've shut the oven door). This lets the skin get crackly and the meat stays tender.
9. Let it cook for an hour. It will be done if the juices seem clear and the meat looks solid, not raw.

Here's a recipe from me - I make it quite often as my boyfriend is a garlic fanatic.

Garlic Pasta:

Ingredients:
2-3 cloves of garlic - minced
(depending on your garlic love)
olive oil/butter 2tbsp (whichever you have at home, I found both work fine)
2 cups of milk
1 cup of chicken broth
2tbsp of flour
cup of cheddar cheese (grated)

Extra:
parsley
pepper
thyme
salt
a bit of garlic powder if you'd like, although all these are optional and to taste

and of course pasta!

Preparation:

1. Boil pasta and put aside to cool
2. Add butter/olive oil on medium heat
3. Put garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes
4. Add broth and then milk

Now the very important part of the process is to whisk - definitely will give you some muscles but it's so worth it! I am not a chef so I go between medium and high heat during the process :'D Whisk until you get a saucy consistency and around the end before you take it off heat add the flour all while whisking. Finally, add the cheese and let it all melt. Mild cheddar cheese works best for me ^-^ Let it cool down a little bit (gets a bit more consistent when it's off heat for a few minutes)

Of course, add your parsley/other seasonings to taste if you'd like.

Serve and enjoy!

(I have also found that the leftover sauce makes a great baked potato/french fries/garlic bread deep, just make sure to store it in the fridge so it doesn't go bad. Mix up a little bit before you serve it as a dip)

Currently obsessed with cauliflower rice!

1 head cauliflower grinded up in a good processor
Frozen peas and carrots
1 clove Fresh garlic
Red bell pepper
2 tablespoons coconut oil
Chopped up mushrooms
Soy sauce and whatever spices you like

Cooked up on a skillet until all the veggies are soft and cooked to liking.

Cooks very fast and makes lots of food!!!!

Abibug

Public Access
Currently obsessed with cauliflower rice!

1 head cauliflower grinded up in a good processor
Frozen peas and carrots
1 clove Fresh garlic
Red bell pepper
2 tablespoons coconut oil
Chopped up mushrooms
Soy sauce and whatever spices you like

Cooked up on a skillet until all the veggies are soft and cooked to liking.

Cooks very fast and makes lots of food!!!!
Oh that sounds just amazing!

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$480.00
Goal
$255.00