4 large eggs
1 cup dried fruit
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup of nuts
1 oz of lemon juice

Mixing Instructions:

Before you start, sample the whiskey to check for quality. Good, isn't it? Now go ahead. Select a large mising bowl, measuring cup, etc. Check the whiskey again as it must be just right. To be sure whiskey is of the highest quality, pour one level cup into a glass and drink it as fast as you can. Repeat.

With an electric mixer, beat 1 cup of butter in a large fluffy bowl. Add 1 tsp. of thugar and beat again. Meanwhile, make sure that the siskey is of the finest quality. Cry another cup.

Open the second quart is necessary. Add the 2 arge eggs, 2 cups dried fruit and beat till high. If druit gest stuck in the beaters, juse pry it loose with a drewscriver. Sample the whiskey again, checking for toxscisticity.

Next sift 3 cups of the salt or anything: it really doesn't matter. Sample the whiskey. Sift 1/2 pint lemon juice.

Fold in chopped butter and strained nuts. Add one babblespoon of the brown thugar, or whatever color you can find and wix mel.

Grease oven and turn cake to 350 degrees. Now pour the whole mess into the coven and bake. Check whiskey again, and go to bed.

Innocent Forever

๐Ÿ’๐Ÿฅœ๐ŸŒ
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Best Fruit Cake Ever

Ingredients:

1 or 2 quarts Whiskey
1 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 tsp. salt
4 large eggs
1 cup dried fruit
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup of nuts
1 oz of lemon juice

Mixing Instructions:

Before you start, sample the whiskey to check for quality. Good, isn't it? Now go ahead. Select a large mising bowl, measuring cup, etc. Check the whiskey again as it must be just right. To be sure whiskey is of the highest quality, pour one level cup into a glass and drink it as fast as you can. Repeat.

With an electric mixer, beat 1 cup of butter in a large fluffy bowl. Add 1 tsp. of thugar and beat again. Meanwhile, make sure that the siskey is of the finest quality. Cry another cup.

Open the second quart is necessary. Add the 2 arge eggs, 2 cups dried fruit and beat till high. If druit gest stuck in the beaters, juse pry it loose with a drewscriver. Sample the whiskey again, checking for toxscisticity.

Next sift 3 cups of the salt or anything: it really doesn't matter. Sample the whiskey. Sift 1/2 pint lemon juice.

Fold in chopped butter and strained nuts. Add one babblespoon of the brown thugar, or whatever color you can find and wix mel.

Grease oven and turn cake to 350 degrees. Now pour the whole mess into the coven and bake. Check whiskey again, and go to bed.
What about the eating it before you go to bed and loving it? Or is it meant to burn and be forgotten about to be wondered where the mess came from the next morning?

Ash600

Of dust and shadows
SF Creative
SF Supporter
What about the eating it before you go to bed and loving it? Or is it meant to burn and be forgotten about to be wondered where the mess came from the next morning?
No, you just turn the heat down very low, let it simmer gently so it'll cook very slowly and gently. Come morning, breakfast is ready and waiting:D

Rockclimbinggirl

SF climber
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Popcorn

Ingredients
4 tbsp popcorn kernel
1 tbsp oil (I use canola)
Popcorn seasoning (optional)

Directions
In a 3 litre pot put oil and 2-3 popcorn kernels in the pot. Swirl the oil around. Turn heat to medium-high. When the kernels pop, add the rest of the kernels. Stir them around in the oil and cover the pot with a lid.

Add butter, salt or other seasoning and enjoy.

Ash600

Of dust and shadows
SF Creative
SF Supporter
Popcorn

Ingredients
4 tbsp popcorn kernel
1 tbsp oil (I use canola)
Popcorn seasoning (optional)

Directions
In a 3 litre pot put oil and 2-3 popcorn kernels in the pot. Swirl the oil around. Turn heat to medium-high. When the kernels pop, add the rest of the kernels. Stir them around in the oil and cover the pot with a lid.

Add butter, salt or other seasoning and enjoy.
You forgot to add the movie to the list of ingredients :p

SofiaLisbon

Ive been reading the last recipes and they're pretty funny.
This actually its not a funny recipe, but its useful, its a great way to eat spinach, I used to have anemia for some time and this recipe helped me a lot. Hope it can help someone else too.

Btw english is not my first language so yeah, some things probably won't make much sense.

It takes 4 ingredients:
-1 Broccoli cut in half
-1 Eggplant
-1 can of cooked black beans or cooked at home black beans
-50g or 100g of spinach (sometimes they sell bags of spinach already washed)

The recipe is like this:
1- We cut the broccoli in small parts;
2- We put them in a stewpot with the fire on the minimum temperature and with a good quantity of olive oil. (like 4 table spoons,to prevent the broccoli from burning and also the broccoli will absorb the olive oil)
3- We cover the stewpot, the goal is not to fry the broccoli, so the fire really must be on the minimum.
4- We wait 15 minutes with the stewpot covered.
5- We cut the eggplant in small parts and add them to the broccoli. There should be no olive oil in the stewpot because the broccoli absorbed it, so we can add a little bit of more olive oil so the eggplant absorbs it.
6- We wait 15 minutes with the stewpot covered.
7- Now we add the cooked black beans, stirring it.
8- Now we add the spinach, just for like 1 minute so its mildly cooked and this way it won't loose their properties. This is also a good time to taste it and see if it needs salt. (sometimes the canned beans already bring salt)

And voila, it takes around 40 minutes and for me its a great way to eat spinach.
I know it doesn't seem but the flavor is really good.

Last edited:

Lilyfrog

This is from up where I am in UK

Fat Rascals

Ingredients
For the buns
150g/5ยฝoz plain flour
150g/5ยฝoz self-raising flour
1 tsp baking powder
150g/5ยฝoz butter
150g/5ยฝoz mixed dried fruit
100g/3ยฝoz caster sugar
1 tsp cinnamon powder
ยฝ tsp grated nutmeg
1 orange, zest only
1 lemon, zest only
1 free-range egg yolk
about 50ml/2fl oz milk

For the glaze
1 free-range egg, yolk only
pinch of salt
1 tbsp water
flaked almonds and glacรฉ cherries, to decorate

Method
Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas6.
Grease a baking tray.
Sieve the flours and baking powder into a large bowl and rub in the butter until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
Add the mixed dried fruit, sugar, spices, orange and lemon zests.
Lightly beat the egg yolk and add it to the mixture with enough milk to make a stiff dough (you may not need all the milk).
Divide the dough into 12, shape into mounds and place onto the baking tray.

For the glaze, mix the egg yolk, salt and water together and brush the mixture over each rascal.
Decorate with the almonds and glacรฉ cherries and bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.

Innocent Forever

๐Ÿ’๐Ÿฅœ๐ŸŒ
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I'd love some healthy, simple, muffin/cupcake recipes. I've got some cute cupcake stuff for scrapbooking (I'm making recipe cards for a friend).
Preferably no butter/margarine. Preferably non-dairy.
@Freya @Petal and anyone else who may have recipes they like handy :)

Ash600

Of dust and shadows
SF Creative
SF Supporter

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00