SF Eternal Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
But writing a post seemed too self centred
There's nothing wrong with making a post. Talking about what you are experiencing and getting support is what SF is for. It really isn't taking anything away from anyone else to make a post. In a way, I think posting can help others because it can encourage people to also reach out, and to understand that other people are struggling too.
I've been to see my Therapist this afternoon. I didn't go but I found myself there all of a sudden in floods of tears.
That's got to be scary just finding yourself someplace and not knowing how you got there.

MisterBGone

ReaLemon
SF Supporter
I found chat a bit hard. I'm not good at typing fast on a screen.... it's me age lol!
But writing a post seemed too self centred so I've really just hovered in and out of chat and watched other folks conversations.
I love your zany self conversation @MisterBGone ... though its nor really self conversation cause you were talking to us.

I've been to see my Therapist this afternoon. I didn't go but I found myself there all of a sudden in floods of tears. Then she told me they were really worried and wanted me to go into hospital. I said absolutely not thence spent an hour discussing it.she let me leave but I am sat here in the dark terrified someone will turn up with section papers :-(

Well that's sort of been my day so far!!!
HaH!!! :D That made me laugh so hard, Jane... Thank you. :) And maybe you haven't been around long enough to notice, I think most people just skip right over my posts like those, or at the most maybe skim over them, speed read a line or two (at least, that's what I'd do!) ;).

I hope that you will at least feel some sense of relief for or after having gone through that experience with her (the therapist). If anything was said by either of you, to the other two--or wait, never mind? :D If you got some things out in the clear that she (a trained professional) was able to hear, and then that led to her giving you some helpful feedback, then I think that could be a good thing, later on. And so I'm hopeful that you will prosper or grow from the experience, as unpleasant as it may have been.

Now wait?!? Are you telling me that when someone summons me into a chat, that anything and everything that's been said by me to them (that one person who left me an alert) can be seen or read by others - & subsequently, 'used against me?!!?' I'm surprised I don't have several, hits or open contracts out on me as we speak... Or who knows? Maybe I do! ;)

EmB

Absolute Peach!
Chat everywhere just moves too fast for me. I like to spend a little time thinking about what I'm going to say.
This is a great way to put it! I don't get involved in chat, and the same reason I'm pretty awful at in-person conversations, but am not too bad via text, like here!

My day has been great, actually! It has been my boyfriends birthday, and I was worried about what to get him - I got him a drone, unsure how he'd react as it was only cheap and tiny, too. He's not stopped messing around with it all day though! So I feel happy about that :)

A nice question for anyone who feels like answering - what's something you're looking forward to tomorrow? :)

Sending hugs!

Em

Oh damn it, there's three obstacles. That's more than a couple. Unless you'd like to stretch the meaning of the term "couple". I said there was a couple at first when I just listed two obstacles, but then I thought of a third, lol. Now I can't edit. I hate when there's zero edit window for posts. I also hate it when there's only like a 10 minute edit window for posts.
That’s a topic that absolutely could be eternal, what things like a couple mean, or next Saturday, is that the next Saturday, being in 3 days time or not this Saturday but the next one, being in 10 days time?

Anyway, back to couple, If it has to be specifically 2, then say 2, a couple for me is 2 or 3, and a few 3 to 6’ish, not sure if I have a term for other rough numbers, I’d probably just a so to the end, get a dozen of so.

MisterBGone

ReaLemon
SF Supporter
This is a great way to put it! I don't get involved in chat, and the same reason I'm pretty awful at in-person conversations, but am not too bad via text, like here!

My day has been great, actually! It has been my boyfriends birthday, and I was worried about what to get him - I got him a drone, unsure how he'd react as it was only cheap and tiny, too. He's not stopped messing around with it all day though! So I feel happy about that :)

A nice question for anyone who feels like answering - what's something you're looking forward to tomorrow? :)

Sending hugs!

Em
Sounds like your boyfriend was well taken care of on his birthday, with your careful, well-thought out & planned/executed gift. That's very Heartfelt; & the fact that he, "spent all day tinkering with it..." (or however you so eloquently put it?) ;) You should be very content, indeed~ :) he's a lucky guy! And you, girl - well, because... You get to be, "YOU!!!" :D Now, as to your "?" . . . To-Mor-Row! to morrow ~*> I'll love ya, Tomorrow! (; You're Only. A Day - A*way~> :D (who sings that again? Annie!) : )

Inya

babaya gayolera
That’s a topic that absolutely could be eternal, what things like a couple mean, or next Saturday, is that the next Saturday, being in 3 days time or not this Saturday but the next one, being in 10 days time?

Anyway, back to couple, If it has to be specifically 2, then say 2, a couple for me is 2 or 3, and a few 3 to 6’ish, not sure if I have a term for other rough numbers, I’d probably just a so to the end, get a dozen of so.
I'm so relieved, I mean if native speakers don't have it clear, it doesn't bother me anymore that I don't get it. *rofl

While I was getting gas today, a guy was backing up his car but not looking. The lady behind him was blowing her horn, but he kept backing up. So that lady had to back up to keep from being hit by him. Then the guy gives me a look like, "why are you blowing your horn at me" (I wasn't). The lady looked unhappy.

total eclipse

SF Friend
Staff Alumni
I've got... lots of ideas ~~~ but like Jack Nicholson (in The Shinging); "no good ones!" ;)
So, I'll just here in this vacant room, and keep hammering away on this type writer here (oh! if you guys could only hear the "echos?")
Unless, of course... those are just all in my head! :D What's on the adgenda to-day?,? Well, let's see first up is a run over to the 80 car deep drive thru line wrapped around the block and through the parking lot, making almost nice / neat - perfect "figure 8's!" for some Starbuck's. . . Oh, Thank Heaven! (; heaven help me_ ;) when you call my name. it's like a litttle prayer; .... (i wanna Take YOU there!) in the midnight /or tis' morning here: but still dark, so maybe that counts? I once had a friend, who when in graduate school for something in the health sciences out in Los Angeles, provided me with her theory, or feeling, when a given day or night actually, or officially, in her mind and eyes, came or comes to an end. And that is when(ever) she goes to bed. So, in other words, if it's 4 am on a Wednesday, It's really only the end of Tuesday for Her! Yes, "Doctor?" What's up, doc! ;) And in tthose dayz: the end, or home stretch of her veterinarian progarm, she was spending a lot of late nights on the horn (phone) with me, talking about all sorts of conversational stuff. For a smart person, and she's as scientifically smart as anyone I've ever met, she's kind of goofball, or clutz, in her everyday ordinary life. Despite her athletic capabilities. I remember trying to teach her tennis one summer, that was an "experience!" :D And it was weird, because out of anyone, or everyone, she seemed to enjoy most, me playing and singing songs with my guitar over the phone late at night. She'd always be putting requests in, and things like that... "I want to hear some--Man Who Sold the World (Bowie version, which I had not even heard at the time; we're talking like 2009? '10! ;)"
Again, what were we talkking abobut here? Ah, yes! I very much like and am interested in the title. This is good. Who can provide some discussion, or a dissertation (sp?) of sort,s on physcial chemistry (or p-chem, if you'd prefer?)? @Auri ! Perhaps...:) no, that may be Beneath, her! ;) Anwya, what I was starting to say before I got so rudely interrupted by, oh I dont' know, my-self. . . :D is that I've got to go to the doctor later this morning, after the egg nog latte` of course, and not a minute moore, or before! So, when i come back, I guess I can sing: (I went to the doc-tor, & guess - what he told me // guess, waht he told me?!?!) if I don't, or do not, it isn't or is not, because I've "forgotten!" It's in all liklihood or probablilty, that he'd decided to "lock him (me) up! And throw away the key..;)" We'll see you next year, then Jay-C! (; Oh, no you won't remember who you are after this experience, I can promise you taht! ;) WEell, perhaps over time, eventually ... slowly some of that MAY Come Back; at least, that's what we tell those in your shoes (who have the abliity to say, "No!") to get them to change their minds. It's not unethical if it's in their (or our budget's from an economic sense standpoint) interest! "the patient first!" that's our motto ~ & like most motto's, full-of-it!!! ;) that being: hogwash! :)
Take ONLY. What you NEED! To-"survive!" (spaceballs..;))
lol your mind much like my mind wow

MisterBGone

ReaLemon
SF Supporter
While I was getting gas today, a guy was backing up his car but not looking. The lady behind him was blowing her horn, but he kept backing up. So that lady had to back up to keep from being hit by him. Then the guy gives me a look like, "why are you blowing your horn at me" (I wasn't). The lady looked unhappy.
Yes, I had a very similar thing happen to me, the winter before last, when... I just so happened to pull into one of those instant oil changes by mall early one morning (trying to guess, or anticipate when they might be opening)--& I believe i was, 15-20 early, something like that. Well, we'd had a big snowfall, and so the employees, themselves were in various states of just having arrived; & the person resposible for doing the plowing around the premises (the'ris also a vbanke connected to the bldg.) was pretty much done with the front side/entrance, and so since it is ususally one-way (directional flow of traffic) when you actually are either able to get yo8ur oil changed, or if you don't like the lines by the time you pull into the lot & can actually see just how deep they are, you can then proceed to bypass it and go around the entire bldg. (or circle - instead of turning around and goiing back out from the direction in which you'd came). . . Well, I go around the bldg. & now I see that he is on the far, or opposite side or end of teh back side of the oil change place. Pushing the snow into the bank & there's pretty much basically only single lane traffic. He stops, turns around, looks at and I'm guessing almost certainly sees me - & for some reason, is "miffed!??!" He then proceded s to pout it in REVERSE. AND BACK UP (as I have krept op on him hoping to slide/or squeeze by) as there was enough room to do so around taht corner, were he to stay put or not badck up in to me). I've suddenly got a split secnond, or instant to put it in REVERSE (myself!) & 'Floor-It!!" And he procceeds to run me backwards almost all of the way to the opposite side of teh building from whic h I came (so in other words, that straight line fomr this now bck side of the bldg (he disn't chanse me around the courner). And so i just got out of his way. I know he saw me becaue whe n i pulled in early, (which I did not konw I would be) he stared straight agt me and ggave ne a 'dirty look!" He had a massive diesel truck he was using, and I had my Honda. (; but i was thinking, once I'd cooled off, that maybe those employees who'd only half-turned th elights on isnede got one heckuva view/or sideshow through their glass windows _ cuz there was no way gthery wer missing THAT! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00