SF helped me

Discussion in 'After Effects' started by gothic_spleen, May 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gothic_spleen

gothic_spleen Antiquities Friend

Most of you know my story, so i wont go threw it again. But its late and i am a lil drunk, and i am reflecting on memories, which could be dangerous. I came to SF looking for help, i was on a downward spiral, 2 attempts stopped by friends, and the third attempt in the making(slow death by over indulgence of drugs). That is when i came here, rather stumbled here. Here I met people willing to help me, people i didnt know, but who actually cared enough to chat with me, and tell me that certain thinghs were not my fault, these things i still struggle with today, but IM ALIVE, and enjoying LIFE. Even after my contact with SF i still had problems, but if it werent for people like CT, Immure, Fender, GL, Barry, Kurt, and the rest, i would be dead(sry if i forgot you, plz relize im drnk!)

Here we are almost 2.5 years later, im alive, im clean, and i am enjoying life. I have many friends, im a graduate, im about to accept a job with a large city police dept. and im about to get married, and start a family. I still have problems with self harm, but those are being worked out, and i still see a shrink.

I wanted to tell you this because i see alot of new faces, and i feel obligated to show these new faces what SF can do, if given the chance. I am foirever grateful and indebted to SF....Thank you, and all the people who make up this site!
  2. Hi Gothic. I'm glad you are doing better. Take care.
  3. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

It is so good to hear from you gothic. I am glad to hear you accepted the position with the PD. Remember you promised to be as careful as one could be. Congratulations on the upcoming marriage. i hope that doesn't mean we have to lose touch. I am so proud of what you have accomplished this past year. The struggles were long and hard, but you made it. i admire your courage. Take care hun. A new life awaits you. :hug:
  4. Shadowplay

Shadowplay Staff Alumni

:hug: good to hear your doing so well
  5. Sakura

Sakura Well-Known Member

Even though we don't know each other, I'm really happy that you're doing well now, and that SF and the people here helped you out so much :hug:
  6. Beret

Beret Staff Alumni

Im so happy for you that you are doing better. Wish you all the happiness for your upcoming marriage and good luck with the new job. Its very good you are still seeing a shrink, a little extra help is always good. Congratulations hun :hug:
  7. Jackson

Jackson Guest

Good deal. Thanks for sharing.
  8. freakin out

freakin out Guest

That's great news! Congrats on all the happy news and well done
  9. Insignificant

Insignificant Account Closed

good to see you again (rhino here) and i couldn't be happier for you that things have really turned around. you deserve it. take care
  10. Jodi

Jodi Staff Alumni

Gothic, Im very happy for you and your accomplishments, you are a survivor and that you can always hold dear. Congrats on the job and the marriage, Im real happy things have improved, and that you stuck it out!! Thanks so much for sharing!!
  11. immure

immure Account Closed

u r one that my heart will forever sing a little song for when i enter me thoughtful kindness time. keep the good fight on.
  12. gothic_spleen

gothic_spleen Antiquities Friend

im still on vacation here in south florida(key west), saturday i fly home, ill have very lil PC access, but hope to get that worked out soon

as before i wanna thank you all for being the caring bunch that have helped....you will always be in my heart, although we will probrably never meet in real life(unless you decide to speed through my city), i will always hold everyone of you close...
  13. Luliby

Luliby Staff Alumni

Music to my ears! I'm glad to hear you are doing so well. I know everyday isn't full of perfection... because getting better has never been a matter of not making mistakes. It's about accepting and rolling forward in spite of mistakes. AND, in spite of success. I think they can both be equally difficult to handle in their own way.

I would like to tell you everything turned out exactly as I wished. But I haven't finished my paintings for my projected exhibit. I haven't lost weight. I still have trouble leaving my apartment (isolating), on and on. But I can honestly tell you that I am better today than I was last month. That I continue to struggle and persevere with depression and social anxiety.

I take great hope from your journey. It may be a long road but there is so much more to look forward to than the same stuck in the mud place I've been in these last few years.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.