SF Mobile app development

Discussion in 'Forum News & Updates' started by JmpMster, Dec 4, 2017.

1. JmpMster

JmpMster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

We have completed everything and have a suitable design and bid to make the mobile app. The first big item, mapping out the complete site so the developers can hook into the actual site to pull data needed and at same time not make any conflicts or issues with the main site was done early last month. The bids to complete the work are all quite close to each other but we will not be able to enter into a contract for the milestones on development until we have the majority of the money saved to complete it fully. I am hopeful by spring to have it completed. This time of year is hard for many and the first priority should always be on yourself and family. If you can donate comfortably and wish to then please use the mobile app donate at the top of the forum to designate you want your donation to go towards that. Extra money from monthly maintenance will also go towards app development until that project is finished.

Thanks to the 50 or so people that have made donations towards the app up to this point!! With over 70% of our members using mobile devices to access the site it will be far faster and more responsive when posting new threads or replies and and make the forum far more interactive (since will be real time updates it will be almost like chat if one chose but using forum threads and not having to wade through 5 different conversations that make chat hard for some) rather than waiting for somebody and signing in or refreshing over and over to see if new replies since you will be notified as soon as there is a reply on your thread or on any thread you are watching (and we may include the option to get notification if your friends or people you follow post as well).

Take Care and Stay Safe to all the members of SF

- Ben
  2. JmpMster

Thanks to all thta donated this month! We have added 5% to the amount needed for the mobile app and are now 20% (we have a little more the 1% extra in monthly donations/ donations not through that link that do not show on the mobile app donation until we manually add it the first part of each month). While we had hoped for 25% by new year 20% is pretty goo, particularly with all the extra holiday expenses and winter bills many members are facing. It is far more important to take care of your own needs first , but thank you so much to all thta have been able to donate and get us closer to the application being done to make the forum more responsive and and better support for all members. If anybody is owed a supporter badge please just message me. We do not save the information from Paypal and have no real information on members to reference it to- so unless user name is included in the notes we do not know who donated.
    DrownedFishOnFire, gypsylee and Kira like this.
  3. JmpMster

We have reached 45% of the cost now !!! Over 200 members and 38 non members have donated for the development of this app. Just wanted to thank all that have donated - as well as give an update to the the status of donations overall. Any extra money we receive above and beyond monthly costs of software and promotions, and costs of annual software licensing the regular donations also gets put into this fund. We are still hoping for completing the app and having it rolled out by late spring or early summer, though obviously mush is dependent on donations. Thanks to all that donate, and thank you to all the members that choose to support the site in other ways as well. Everybody here is important and what every member does counts, Thank you!
    BumbleBee likes this.
  4. JmpMster

In response to some questions- to track mobile app progress or to make donations for the mobile app development- the link is on the top navigation bar at top of forum " Donate Mobile App"

or click here - Mobile App
    walkerbait95 and gypsylee like this.