= SF = what a horrible place to be in

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by 1victor, Nov 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1victor

1victor Well-Known Member

In regular life I am a very happy person.
    People always want to meet me and be around me.
    I am always a center of attention. I make people laugh.
    I know a lot of stuff. I am a hungry to knowledge person I learn something new constantly. Yet I never thought that life can bring me down to the point where I would be needing someone else's help. And here I am, thinking about doing it. Last night I lost control over my thoughts, feelings and I panicked. Thanks to some girl with a big heart I am still here. She called me home and said me many very nice words. Come to thinking some people as well as that wonderful girl are here almost all the time taking care of us. I have read a lot of posts here. Some of them are just pure horror. And all this horror never stops. We get more and more posts here. Posts that filled with terrible pain. Pain that leaves scars on your soul. And these people have to deal with it every day and help each and every one of us.

= I just wanted to say THANK YOU! =
  2. Brighid Moon

Brighid Moon Member & Antiquities Friend

It is horrifying. Its horrifying that so many people feel the same, and for similar reasons. Those reasons are horrifying. Its horrifying that so many young people feel the same. Its horrifying that so many people have only here to come to.

I appreciate this place more than anyone could know.
  3. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

Yes it is truly awful that SF has so many members. But just think how much more horrible it would be if people like ourselves didnt have a place like this to turn to???

That's the wonderful thing about SF. Everyone helps each other. No one is more or less important than the next member and everyone's pain is felt by all. I'm glad you have SF when your pain tries to take over and you know you can find support and friendship here. :arms:
  4. 1victor

You said it much better than I did.
  5. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

It's really hard to think about how many people are sad or in pain, that each time SF gets a new member, it's someone else who's contemplated taking their own life. But I'm glad SF is here, so that everyone has a place to go when they need someone.

I'm really glad you're still here. :hug:
  6. 1victor

You are an angel, my little friend.
    I wish I never met you but I did.
    I wish that this world would never be in need of place like this.
    I wish all people were as kind as you are.
  7. WildCherry

I'm glad I met you. There is a place for you in this world, and I hope you hold onto that place and fight for it.
  8. Mortal Moon

Mortal Moon Well-Known Member

I started to tear up a bit reading this thread, because I am suddenly struck by the beauty of what this website does. For those who always feel completely alone, for those who have reached the limit of the emotional pain they can bear and just need to let it all out, for those who need to escape their torment for a while, SF is like a candle in the infinite darkness.

If I somehow survive my depression and decide not to end my own life, I will be forever grateful to SF for helping me through this dark and desperate period. And if I do end up killing myself after all, SF will have made my last days that much more pleasant. Either way, I love you guys. :hug:
  9. WildCherry

I hope you manage to survive. :hug: Here if you want to talk, my PM box is always open.
  10. 1victor

I am glad that I have met you too. I just wish that it would never been necessary for me to be here.
    As we all know we learn about many things by comparison. Now I know how happy I was and what a great loss I sustain. Now I know what I am fighting for. Now I want what I had and I once I get it I will never let it go. I hope that my prayers will be answered.
  11. nolonger

nolonger Well-Known Member

Ditto, I'm glad I found SF :), gives me a chance to say something.
  12. Armyguy

Armyguy Account Closed

This place is an amazing place. People share and care without reservation. I hope to be in a position in the future that will allow myself to come here and help people in the same way I was helped. Life changes so quick. I quit living, thinking too far into the future. I now live and sometimes I can only think 10 minutes into the future, at other times I can think years ahead into my future.

I have made a horrible mistake. All of the mental and physical pain I have endured over the years; the things I have seen, smelled, and been a part off, all have been locked away inside my mind. At some point I know I will have to open up those doors and deal with everything I have packed away. I will remain strong during those times and will keep my objective in sight. My goal will be to be mentally sound; free of nightmares and flashbacks or at least able to control them somewhat.

Thank you so everyone who has helped me through the roughest time of my life.
  13. bubblin girl

bubblin girl Well-Known Member

i agree
  14. *sparkle*

*sparkle* Staff Alumni

big :hug: there is so much pain, anxiety, stress and upset in the world. it is very very sad to realise this. but its also a wonderful thing to realise that there are safe havens like this site whereby people who are alone in the world or struggling to cope, can come and know that they will be cared for and supported until (and quite often after) they have found a happier path in life. i for one am here for anyone who ever wants to talk or pm me :hug: sf did a lot for me and i will always try to put that back into sf. you are a wonderful group of people and you all deserve every bit of kindness and support available
  15. Mortal Moon

Mortal Moon Well-Known Member

As the tagline for another infamous suicide forum used to say, "Sorry you're here." ;)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.