Shaking

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Sparrow91, Aug 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sparrow91

Sparrow91 Well-Known Member

I had to take an exam for a job today and it required we complete tasks, the administrators were watching to write our scores on how we do.... First I was nervous and felt like puking before I even got to the location and then when I'm doing the task I start shaking uncontrollably... My legs started to shake then my body and my arms... I was so embarrassed I think I failed that task which would mean I failed the test even though I did good on the rest of the test I won't know for about 15 days but ugh, it has never been that bad before ... My legs would shake a little when Im doing a speech but it is never bad enough to notice .... It was bad I feel like a failure, a wreck, just fucking horrible....I'm restraining to cut, I've been struggling the past few days and this just makes me want to hurt myself even more, I can't stand this.... I was trembling all over has anyone experienced this?

2. Butterfly

Butterfly Pokémon Master Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

Nerves are certainly a pain, especially when you are in a situation where you need to try and keep your cool. But nerves don't always have to be so bad, it's natural and healthy to be nervous in certain situations and can actually play out to your advantage. I have been nervous several times to the point where my whole body was shaking, but nothing bad ever came of it.

Good luck, I hope you get the job!

3. Sparrow91

Sparrow91 Well-Known Member

It was really embarrassing..
    Thank you I hope I get it too

4. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

I have had attacks of nervous shakes before even when doing something I am very familiar with in a familiar environment. It sucks, and it is embarrassing for certain - but you have already hurt enough over it to not need to hurt yourself about it. I do not know why it would happen when it did to me and it was certainly not acceptable for me to be doing in the situation but it happens. Move on and be proud of the results in other areas and if that costs you the position then it is their loss as it does not mean it will happen every time you do something and they should understand nerves are different than abilities.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.