Shame with scars

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Ruby, Apr 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ruby

Ruby Well-Known Member

I've been self harming for a few years now so obviously I have some scars. I have this really grotesque looking scar on my arm from a deep cut I did way back in August. It's actually worse than the scar from when I had my appendix removed. Ah, I hate it. I know it's not going to fade as the cut was so deep that I came close to losing the use of my arm. It should make put me off self harming but I ended up doing it more. I have burn marks all over my arm too. I sometimes think about how it'd be to not have any scars. Anyway, I was shopping earlier and as I was paying for the items I bought I smiled at the lady serving behind the till and I'm sure her smile turned into a snarl when she noticed my arms. I feel so pathetic. I know that people think I'm some sort of lunatic just because I SI. Why are people so ignorant? Grr.

2. Spearmint

Spearmint Well-Known Member

Because some people are assholes that don't get what feelings are.

3. ~PinkElephants~

~PinkElephants~ Senior member

People are thoughtless and cruel, they don't understand the why's, the reasoning or that maybe there might be some deep hidden hurt that they aren't aware of. People only want to see happy shiny things..they aren't willing to admit that this world is not okay, there is sadness in it, depression does exist, they just don't want to admit. That woman was shallow and narrowminded..ignore her b/c you aren't pathetic.

4. Sharky

Sharky Member

Me, I threw away my short sleeve shirts.

But when they're noticed despite my efforts, I tell people I fell out of a palm tree. It gets them thinking.

For those I don't know all that well, I just tell them the truth. I get a real kick out of seeing thier reactions.

"Oh, these? I tried to kill myself. I passed out so it didn't work."

"Guh. Um."

"Ha, ha! Another drink!"

It goes like that.

5. Blackness

Blackness Guest

People don't understand. They blame us personally for hurting ourselves like we do it for attention or something, they have no idea.
    The only think you could do would be to cover up..with sleeves or cuffs. And there are some cremes you can use to reduce the apperance of scars.

6. Savior

Savior Active Member

poor them they must suffer so much as they see your arms...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.