Shame

Cagla

romantic bastard
I feel ashamed around people. I cannot talk or start a conversation. When someone ask something I can't look at his her face in the eye. Always turning my eyes any other place. I am ashamed of myself .

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
May I ask why you are ashamed of yourself ? There has got to be background reasons as to why. Don't feel ashamed, you don't owe anyone a thing x

Reaver

Wasting away
I'm like this as well and I don't really know why. Sometimes I can't even start conversations with people I have been good friends with for years and it seems like I have to really push myself to get anywhere near being able to try. Same for looking at people, as I find it uncomfortable even when it's my family. It does feel a bit shameful.

I still haven't figured out how to get better at doing any of it, so I can't offer any advice, but I thought I'd let you know that you're not alone in feeling this way. I apologise in advance if it's not something that makes you feel any better.

Cagla

romantic bastard
I'm like this as well and I don't really know why. Sometimes I can't even start conversations with people I have been good friends with for years and it seems like I have to really push myself to get anywhere near being able to try. Same for looking at people, as I find it uncomfortable even when it's my family. It does feel a bit shameful.

I still haven't figured out how to get better at doing any of it, so I can't offer any advice, but I thought I'd let you know that you're not alone in feeling this way. I apologise in advance if it's not something that makes you feel any better.
thank you ,knowing that you are not alone gives relief...

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
my appearance. generally I don't want this person to look at my face.
Oh, I can totally relate. I dunno who I am when I stand in front of a mirror, it is like I don't recognise myself.

Do you think therapy could help with the way you feel, you are very far from alone in these thoughts. I hope you start to love you or you, best wishes :)

Cagla

romantic bastard
Oh, I can totally relate. I dunno who I am when I stand in front of a mirror, it is like I don't recognise myself.

Do you think therapy could help with the way you feel, you are very far from alone in these thoughts. I hope you start to love you or you, best wishes :)
I am in a small village. I don't think I can find a therapist here...

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I am in a small village. I don't think I can find a therapist here...
How rural are you, how hard is it to get to the next city/town? Hopefully you can find one where you are but I'm like you, from a small village, I get my therapy in the city.

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I live with my family. And they don't allow me..
If your profile is right and you are 23 you do not need their permission, you don't need them involved at all. It will be confidential between you and the therapist.

Cagla

romantic bastard
If your profile is right and you are 23 you do not need their permission, you don't need them involved at all. It will be confidential between you and the therapist.
it's true. I am 23. But my family is very strict. Even my mother doesn't know I have this anxiety problem. She will scold me if I tell..Thanks..

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I understand, hopefully we can help you here, sounds like you are close to your family in other ways.

Hope you keep talking to us here, we could provide an help with the support you need :)

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00