Share Coping Mechanisms

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Bostonensis, May 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bostonensis

Bostonensis Guest

I have it easier last year even I am in deeper shit then than today. I think ther are coping strategies that works at times .I forget what I did last year. I know the sunlight triggers a huge change since I live in the eastcoast.I prefer not to be expose too much to the sun,I like it gloomy & cold since 3/4 of the year is cold.Sudden change is a trigger.

2. smackh2o

smackh2o SF Supporter

Why do you think it is that your are goig through less problems now but are feeling worse for it than from last year?

3. Bostonensis

Bostonensis Guest

I wish I can remember what I did differently but I know after I lost my Dad I lost my home so I was homeless last year.Or maybe the reality of losing my Dad now is coming through. I was very very traumatized suffering 24/7. I was at his bedside. I am lost totally.

4. smackh2o

smackh2o SF Supporter

It sounds like either two things. You've carried the grief of losing your Dad over the year because your home troubles stopped you greiving properly, or you became depressed from the combination last year and now cannot deal with a smaller amount of stress and problems because of it. Either one or a mixture of both is something you must contact a doctor about.
    The coping mechanisms you used last year might not be available to you this year, espeicially if you just shut down and bottled it all up. What I reckon you need is someone to just listen to you for a change so that you feel you have someone who understands what it is like having those problems.

Your right there are coping stretegies but if you can go see a doc or someone then its always better to so just to see exactly what can be done/what is wrong etc...

Take Care

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.