share your resolutions or goals for 2017!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiwi2016

🦩 Now a flamingo, not a kiwi 🦩
SF Pro
I also worry wont stick to them/see them through but here goes...
1.Quit smoking
Exercise every day before work
Continue with self guided motivation study on SF, journaling, counseling, meds
Work on overcoming passivity (e.g. really read/do assertiveness self-help book)
Try to keep my job/career (e.g. do PIP as best I can, learn how to prioritize effectively so make deadlines, organize office and file)
As back-up in case lose job, start to explore/figure out what else qualified to do
Figure out how to reconcile complicated relationship with father before is too late (e.g. he's in his 80s)
Try to live each day to the fullest with feelings of optimistic not pessimistic attitude -not polyanna but realistic--and express this on daily basis especially at work despite onslaught of
Create and put notes in "Good Things Jar"
Figure out how to "be in the moment" with my husband e.g. living life to the fullest with him not on sidelines
Try to internalize that I'm not defined only by my job--try to figure out what other interests have and then find/make the time to explore them

Kiwi2016

SF Pro
1.Quit smoking
Try to keep my job/career (e.g. do PIP as best I can, learn how to prioritize effectively so make deadlines, organize office and file)
As back-up in case lose job, start to explore/figure out what else qualified to do
Figure out how to reconcile complicated relationship with father before is too late (e.g. he's in his 80s)
Try to live each day to the fullest with feelings of optimistic not pessimistic attitude -not polyanna but realistic--and express this on daily basis especially at work despite onslaught of
Figure out how to "be in the moment" with my husband e.g. living life to the fullest with him not on sidelines
Try to internalize that I'm not defined only by my job--try to figure out what other interests have and then find/make the time to explore them
Oops hit post by mistake so not as edited as had intended...sigh...in re-reading...seems all very daunting...but maybe if take one day at a time can at least start working on them all---thinking will figure out how to put on desktop so have to see them every day...sorry all for such long list (should have included work on conciseness as goal :)

Wishing all the very best on their 2017 goals as well---which were inspiring to me as well...and has given me much food for thought as they say...

Freya

Loves SF
Admin
SF Author
SF Supporter
Okay - 2017:
  • Lose 1-1.5lbs a week (52 - 78lbs off during the year)
  • Increase ability to do physical exercise - I basically suck
  • Get the qualifications I need to move forward in my career
  • Get my teeth fixed with adult braces (eek - stresses me out to think about but I want to be able to smile!)
  • Actually launch my own business and bill some paying clients
  • Do one 'different' thing every weekend even if that is just go to some place I have never been for a walk.

DrownedFishOnFire

Back into the wild where I belong. Out of your way
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Shred the unnecessary stuff in my life (including physical weight), be more mindful of spending expenses and manage to save every month, laugh more often

Okay - 2017:
  • Get my teeth fixed with adult braces (eek - stresses me out to think about but I want to be able to smile!)
  • Do one 'different' thing every weekend even if that is just go to some place I have never been for a walk.
That's a fairly ambitious list! I wish you all the best, you can do it! :)

nobodyknows71

For a Phoenix to rise, it must first burn.
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I don't make resolutions, I never stick to them. But there are some things I'd like to do in 2017. My goals are pretty low key (mostly) because I don't want to fail any of them. So I've kept them achievable. I think! ;)
They are, in no particular order

1. Sort out my relationship one way or the other
2. Get off zero hour contract at work and be made permanent
3. Lose a stone (14lbs) in weight (I need to lose more but a stone is a good place to start, as I said I'm trying to keep it realistic)
4. Decorate my living room
5. Start exercising
6. Go easy on the alcohol
7. Be kinder to myself and treat myself with the same empathy I would others
8. Try to forgive myself for past things I can't change
9. To try and open up more to my family
10. Be happier than 2016

Wow, reading it back it's quite a list!! Not sure I succeeded in keeping them low key. But this is it! This is what I would like to achieve in 2017!
7-10 are going to be tough, but I need to give them a go.

Please feel free to share your resolutions/goals :):):)
So Update!!!

1. I'm still with my partner and it's gong pretty well
2. I am now the proud owner of a full time permanent contract (although I think they probably now own me!)
3. Weight loss is not going great, but I have joined a gym and finished my course of physio so feel better if not lighter!
4. Hasn't happened yet and not looking likely to be done, but there still another five months left.
5. Yep this is happening. read number three.
6. This one is a bit hit and miss, but overall I'm drinking way less than this time last year.
7. This is a tricky one but I feel I have made slight progress with it.
8. This is a work in progress. But at least now it IS a work in progress instead of being just a weight around my heart.
9. Hmmm this one not so much.
10. Jury is still out on this one.

All in all I guess it's not a bad start to the year. I shall try to remember to come back after christmas to recap.

thismustbetheplace

I guess I must be having fun
Okay - 2017:

get a dog that requires exercise! They are so motivated. my dog reminds me to eat, sleep, play, exercise and rest. We walk and run at lease 3x a day. and play ball and frisbee!

Freya

Loves SF
Admin
SF Author
SF Supporter
get a dog that requires exercise! They are so motivated. my dog reminds me to eat, sleep, play, exercise and rest. We walk and run at lease 3x a day. and play ball and frisbee!
I would love a dog but I am out of the house 12 hours a day and often away on business so I can't :(

Innocent Forever

🐒🥜🍌
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
So Update!!!

1. I'm still with my partner and it's gong pretty well
2. I am now the proud owner of a full time permanent contract (although I think they probably now own me!)
3. Weight loss is not going great, but I have joined a gym and finished my course of physio so feel better if not lighter!
4. Hasn't happened yet and not looking likely to be done, but there still another five months left.
5. Yep this is happening. read number three.
6. This one is a bit hit and miss, but overall I'm drinking way less than this time last year.
7. This is a tricky one but I feel I have made slight progress with it.
8. This is a work in progress. But at least now it IS a work in progress instead of being just a weight around my heart.
9. Hmmm this one not so much.
10. Jury is still out on this one.

All in all I guess it's not a bad start to the year. I shall try to remember to come back after christmas to recap.
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Super proud of you.......... Thank you for sharing...!

thismustbetheplace

I guess I must be having fun
For everyone who's goals and resolutions are losing weight, lose the scale. Go by how your clothes fit and feel. the scales a liar. I used to water log myself and I would gain 5lbs. :) weights a number. Just eat healthy, move daily, do what makes you happy. and remember dessert is good for the soul, maybe not physical health, but some fro yo on the weekends won't hurt anyone. I swear its good for the soul. God I love fro yo. Give me all the fro yo!!!!!

nobodyknows71

Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I don't make resolutions, I never stick to them. But there are some things I'd like to do in 2017. My goals are pretty low key (mostly) because I don't want to fail any of them. So I've kept them achievable. I think! ;)
They are, in no particular order

1. Sort out my relationship one way or the other
2. Get off zero hour contract at work and be made permanent
3. Lose a stone (14lbs) in weight (I need to lose more but a stone is a good place to start, as I said I'm trying to keep it realistic)
4. Decorate my living room
5. Start exercising
6. Go easy on the alcohol
7. Be kinder to myself and treat myself with the same empathy I would others
8. Try to forgive myself for past things I can't change
9. To try and open up more to my family
10. Be happier than 2016

Wow, reading it back it's quite a list!! Not sure I succeeded in keeping them low key. But this is it! This is what I would like to achieve in 2017!
7-10 are going to be tough, but I need to give them a go.

Please feel free to share your resolutions/goals :):):)
Wow @Petal seeing your thread for 2018 reminded me of this one I started last year.
So time to check in I guess

1. I’m now a married woman so that sorted that one out!!
2. Yes I now have a contract
3. I’ve probably lost half a stone maybe.
4. Yep did that!
5. Exercise had been hit and miss
6. Erm again hit and miss. I still use it as an emotional crutch but thankfully I haven’t needed that so much in the last six months or so.
7. Hmmmm I try. That’s all I can say on this one.
8. Wow this one has been super hard. Just when I think I’ve made a little progress it comes back to bite me. But I think overall I feel a little better about things than I did this time last year
9. Has this happened? Not really.
10. Am I happier now than a year ago? I guess all I can say is that right now I don’t want to die. So I guess that’s an improvement on this time last year when all I wanted for Christmas is to not be alive anymore.

Who the hell knows what 2018 has in store for me, I’m not exactly looking forward to finding out, but I’m not dreading it either so I guess that’s a win.

If anyone else had an update feel free to share.

@SillyOldBear @bubblebear @Shannew @Snake on the Moon @Greying @Acanthi (I miss you)
And anyone else who has an update

Kiwi2016

SF Pro
1.Quit smoking
Oh @nobodyknows...had forgotten about these so....well i'm a work in progress is the best way to put it...

Quit smoking---- Failed but and I'm not making this up have given myself a new deadline of Dec 18th as 1st day of 2 week vacation

Exercise every day before work - Did pretty good except days when had to be at work early

Continue with self guided motivation study on SF, journaling, counseling, meds--Did this fairly consistently

Work on overcoming passivity (e.g. really read/do assertiveness self-help book)--A work in progress but think a bit better

Try to keep my job/career (e.g. do PIP as best I can, learn how to prioritize effectively so make deadlines, organize office and file)- Still have my job despite an absolute horrid perf eval, think a bit better at prioritizing but now new stress with new director coming on board in next couple of weeks so days may be numbered

As back-up in case lose job, start to explore/figure out what else qualified to do---Not much success here as still a challenge given my field but did apply for 6 jobs in my field got to two 2nd interviews but no offers

Figure out how to reconcile complicated relationship with father before is too late (e.g. he's in his 80s)--This is better ---was a compromise of sorts on both sides---he reached out to a friend of his who I also spoke with and so father stopped threatening/harassing me about his perceptions of the past and I am providing him with emotional/practical support to help him better handle his grief over the loss of my mother and also get his complicated affairs in order

Try to live each day to the fullest with feelings of optimistic not pessimistic attitude -not polyanna but realistic--and express this on daily basis especially at work despite onslaught of --hhmmm alas-optimism is still far from my daily attitude

Create and put notes in "Good Things Jar"--awful to admit this had forgotten about this so will do this this year

Figure out how to "be in the moment" with my husband e.g. living life to the fullest with him not on sidelines---- trying to do this better---has meant don't share with him the daily struggles of the stress of my job but leave that at work, journalling and talk to therapist about

Try to internalize that I'm not defined only by my job--try to figure out what other interests have and then find/make the time to explore them---hhmmm still working on this one...thinking making progress but then toxic/dysfunctional workplace takes me down again just this week in fact so struggling with that now and can feel myself wishing for it all to be over again---haven't been able to find time to explore other interests as there is no time right now between work, marriage and seeing/caring for mother in law....

It is hard to believe that a year has flown by....but guess will need to think to 2018 with an optimistic attitude...at moment...think continue to try to work on all the above and add a few more just not sure what they are yet so will have to think on this for a bit...

Walker

Admin
SF Social Media
SF Author
SF Supporter
I think that making 10 resolutions and sticking to half of them is pretty damn good. And a few others being "hit or miss" is also pretty ok as well. Striking out on the ones you're marking as that are kind of tough to put a value on like how you determine if you've been "kinder to yourself" this year or not. Well, friend, I sense that maybe you have. But what do I know? I haven't been around long enough.

Who the hell knows what 2018 has in store for me, I’m not exactly looking forward to finding out, but I’m not dreading it either so I guess that’s a win.
That's definitely a win. You've got a load of people backing you up and a great year staring you down.

Got my next rank in martial arts like I wanted! Yay! The renos are coming along, the upstairs bedroom is not done but I have been working on a lot downstairs so yay! Also, I did work on my draft for my story but it's just jot notes of plot ideas. So, no it's not all going to get done like I had hoped but I definitely moved forward.

nobodyknows71

Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Got my next rank in martial arts like I wanted! Yay! The renos are coming along, the upstairs bedroom is not done but I have been working on a lot downstairs so yay! Also, I did work on my draft for my story but it's just jot notes of plot ideas. So, no it's not all going to get done like I had hoped but I definitely moved forward.
Yeah @Snake on the Moon

nobodyknows71

Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Oh @nobodyknows...had forgotten about these so....well i'm a work in progress is the best way to put it...

Quit smoking---- Failed but and I'm not making this up have given myself a new deadline of Dec 18th as 1st day of 2 week vacation

Exercise every day before work - Did pretty good except days when had to be at work early

Continue with self guided motivation study on SF, journaling, counseling, meds--Did this fairly consistently

Work on overcoming passivity (e.g. really read/do assertiveness self-help book)--A work in progress but think a bit better

Try to keep my job/career (e.g. do PIP as best I can, learn how to prioritize effectively so make deadlines, organize office and file)- Still have my job despite an absolute horrid perf eval, think a bit better at prioritizing but now new stress with new director coming on board in next couple of weeks so days may be numbered

As back-up in case lose job, start to explore/figure out what else qualified to do---Not much success here as still a challenge given my field but did apply for 6 jobs in my field got to two 2nd interviews but no offers

Figure out how to reconcile complicated relationship with father before is too late (e.g. he's in his 80s)--This is better ---was a compromise of sorts on both sides---he reached out to a friend of his who I also spoke with and so father stopped threatening/harassing me about his perceptions of the past and I am providing him with emotional/practical support to help him better handle his grief over the loss of my mother and also get his complicated affairs in order

Try to live each day to the fullest with feelings of optimistic not pessimistic attitude -not polyanna but realistic--and express this on daily basis especially at work despite onslaught of --hhmmm alas-optimism is still far from my daily attitude

Create and put notes in "Good Things Jar"--awful to admit this had forgotten about this so will do this this year

Figure out how to "be in the moment" with my husband e.g. living life to the fullest with him not on sidelines---- trying to do this better---has meant don't share with him the daily struggles of the stress of my job but leave that at work, journalling and talk to therapist about

Try to internalize that I'm not defined only by my job--try to figure out what other interests have and then find/make the time to explore them---hhmmm still working on this one...thinking making progress but then toxic/dysfunctional workplace takes me down again just this week in fact so struggling with that now and can feel myself wishing for it all to be over again---haven't been able to find time to explore other interests as there is no time right now between work, marriage and seeing/caring for mother in law....

It is hard to believe that a year has flown by....but guess will need to think to 2018 with an optimistic attitude...at moment...think continue to try to work on all the above and add a few more just not sure what they are yet so will have to think on this for a bit...
Oh wow @Kiwi2016 the good thing jar. Not gonna lie totally forgot about that after about a month. Not even sure where it is but it does have a few bits of paper in there. Maybe I need to go look for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00