She does not listen to me!

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by HeavyHeart63, Aug 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HeavyHeart63

HeavyHeart63 New Member

Feb of of 2010 I entered a Behavioral Hosp for Depression and suicidal thoughts. I was discharged in April of 2010 and have been doing good. Noe my Wife is just blowing things off when I talk to her about issues I am having with Work,her 2 boys etc. She is not doing anything about my Step boys with the way they treat me,call me names {f bombs etc}tell me I can't make them do anything and that I am a looser. She tells me I am taking it to the wrong way etc. I broke my about 2 months ago and she keeps reminding me that if I get fired that it is all my fault. I like to go on Face Book to talk to my friends and it calms me down and she thinks I should not be on FB. My therapist is OK with me doing this and she also tells me to take a ride when I need to walk away from trouble and she is against that,What else can I do? I do not want to leave her,IDK :sigh::sigh::sigh:
  2. roscho

roscho Well-Known Member

You are in a pickle. She has tools that let her deal with it - in other words, she accepts inappropriate behavior, she downplays your stress, she places blame on you.

Recently another member put a poem in that had great meaning to me...

If I had a broken leg......

would you tell me it was my own fault?
    would you tell me to get over it?
    would you tell me to run a marathon?
    would you tell me to visualise it being mended?
    would you hit my broken leg?
    would you tell me that my broken leg makes your life difficult so I should stop bringing you down?
    would you be angry at me for having a broken leg?
    would you ignore my pain?

Probably not. So why is it ok to do those things to someone who has a broken mind?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.