She Has Already Won

Discussion in 'Poet's Corner' started by Julia-C, Mar 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Julia-C

Julia-C Well-Known Member

I wrote this poem after I had been awake for 30 hours strait, so that's why it kinda sucks.

I wrote this as a dedication to a friend of mine who I only know from facebook. She has been battling Malignant Brain Tumors for the past few years, and is currently undergoing one of her many rounds of radiation/and chemotherapy treatments to try and shrink the tumor. She has a C.T. Scan in 6 weeks to see if this round of treatment is working. If anyone of you are religious, or believe in the power of prayer. I would appreciate one on her behalf. Her name is Simoane.

she travels bravely through an unjust life
    sheltering her heart by means of laughter
    her beauty is one of the inner soul
    which shines lovelier then a brilliant smile

though the body betrays her life’s desire
    her Eyes still gleam for existing passion
    she sees but joy of a further journey
    taken not by discontentment of life

the strength she possesses is inspiring
    gentle and assuring to other’s hearts
    her restraint of self pity creates hope
    compelling others to their own delight

she wages a war against uncertainty
    dealing punches and deflecting blows
    though her body someday may lose the war
    our many hearts she has already won.
  2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

I am truly touched by this and hope to someday have her grace...thanks for sharing this J...big hugs
  3. ThornThatNeverHeals

ThornThatNeverHeals Well-Known Member

i like it, its a great way to show the love, understanding, and friendship you feel towards here, and seems to come from the heart, not the mind.
  4. Julia-C

Julia-C Well-Known Member

Thanks guys. Anyone who handles personal adversity as well as she does, is pretty special. Sadeyes, I am surprised you don't feel you have the same measure of grace bestowed upon you. You seem plenty strong, and I know at least one person in real life who loves you. She lives on my medicine cabinet, rear view mirror, and shimmering surface of the water. Never forget that. ((HUG)) 2 U
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.