She just ODed

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by yursomedicated, Dec 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yursomedicated

yursomedicated Chat & Forum Buddy

My best friend just ODed. I don't know how many or on what. I'm scared. She's in the hospital right now. I don't know if she will be going back to a psych hospital or not. She wont answer my calls or texts but she was texting me while she was in the ambulance. This is a nightmare and it's not going away. I don't know what to do. Trying to fight my own urges not to cut but I don't think that will happen. My heart is racing, I'm crying, God. I hope she's ok. I love her so so much. She knows that. Or atleast I thought she did.

Be ok babygirl please. I love you.

2. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

:hug: I'm so sorry for what you're going through. I hope she's okay!!!
  3. yursomedicated

<Mod Edit, WildCherry: Methods> and she threw up. She's in the hospital now. She has an iv. I hope she comes home tonight.
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2009
  4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I hope she stays and gets the help she desperately needs to stablilize her moods.
  5. wheresmysheep

wheresmysheep Staff Alumni

i hope she is ok and you both are safe :hug:
  6. yursomedicated

No one is really replying to this thread but I feel better saying everything that happens. They recommended going to a psych hospital but her dad said no. She was just in there a month ago and it did nothing. I love you so much babygirl.
  7. GA_lost

GA_lost Well-Known Member

If nothing else I have learned from this forum, it is how hard it is on our friends and family if we go through with it. Our depression keeps us from knowing how much others care. I hope your friend will be okay. Maybe you can show her this thread. It may help. In the mean time try to keep yourself safe we also care about you.
  8. suzy

suzy Well-Known Member

i would be happy to reply to this thread

many have read it....i worry who your friend is so it took a moment for me to think about replying

you are loved who you love is someone we all worry about

stay strong and stay safe for us all

please if nothing else keep posting even if you think its not important to us to some of us who dont post much read what you have to say

much love
  9. Remedy

Remedy Chat & Forum Buddy

I hope she is okay and gets the help she needs to feel better.. :hug:
  10. resistance

resistance Staff Alumni

Hope you're friend is feeling a little better now. Seeing as her father said no to the psych ward - are they offering any more help? :hug:
  11. yursomedicated

The doctor has over ruled her dad and she will be going to the psych ward. I'll be waiting by my phone waiting for her to get out. I already miss her and she hasn't left yet. I promised her I wouldn't do anything to harm myself. I don't want her to worry about me while she is there. I want her to focus on her.
  12. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Big :hug: 's Ronnie! I'm glad she will be staying at the hospital, it's the safest place for her!
  13. cownes

cownes Well-Known Member

Ronnie, im glad shes got such a good friend likke you :hug: and hopefully she will get the best care she need in the hospital :hug:
  14. yursomedicated

Thanks everyone. I need all the support I can get right now. I'll also be talking about this at my IOP program tonight. I may even go stop in at my work and talk to a coworker. I never expected this to happen, but I've begun expecting the unexpected.

I love you so much babygirl.
  15. resistance

resistance Staff Alumni

The supporting needs supporting too. Hope you feel a little better once you've spoken to your colleague. Sorry for sounding dumb, but what is an IOP program?
  16. I'm sorry to hear that =(
    I hope with all my heart that both you and your friend are ok.
  17. yursomedicated

IOP is intensive outpatient. It doesn't help me much but it's better than inpatient.
  18. Tobes

Tobes Well-Known Member

I hope that she pulls through, and that this is one of the many threads that deters people from going through with it, as it gives a brief glimpse into the pain and panic it causes. All my best to you and your friend Ronnie, I bet she'll come out of it okay.
  19. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Hey Ronnie,
    I'm glad the doctor took over.. She will be safe in there..Can you go visit her??Or at least get the number for the phsyc ward and call her so she knows you are there for support..
    Please take care of yourself also..We do care!!!
  20. yursomedicated

Only parents can visit and call her. I'm out of contact with her until she gets out which I have no idea when it will be. Last night was horrible. I usually fall asleep on the phone with them. I was so lost, I didn't know what to do.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.