She knows...

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by LenaLunacy, Oct 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LenaLunacy

LenaLunacy Well-Known Member

My head of sixth form rang my mom today..she found out i skipped college all this week, and some of my lessons last week. I managed to fob my mom off by telling her it was cos i hadn't signed in and so they hadn't registered me as being there...well, i think she knows that was a lie but meh.
    Now i have to go see my head of sixth form tomorrow and i don't know what to tell her :/ Do i tell her the truth...that i just became completely overburdened, totally depressed and withdrawn, and couldn't deal with college too. Or do i tell her what i told my mom? Need help please :)

2. plates

plates Well-Known Member

How do you get on with your mother, emotionally? Would you mind if she found out or not?

I was in your position. And I got on well with the head of sixth form (which was also deputy head and one of my english teachers) and she was very supportive of my depression at that time.

You could keep with the bare minimum of information- say that you feel low and depressed and that you're finding schoolwork difficult. They usually give extra allowances for that and will give you space when you're not attending. If you don't want your mother to know, you could tell your head that what you're saying is confidential and you don't want your parents to know.

Good luck with it all.

3. LenaLunacy

LenaLunacy Well-Known Member

My moms awful with depression and stuff. She thinks anyone with a mental illness or anything like depression, self harm etc is just attention seeking. Which is why i don't want her to find out.
    My head of sixth form also knows about my self harm and stuff, so i guess i do get along fairly well with her, she was quite nice when she talked to me about that.

Thanks.

4. xan

xan Chat Buddy

You could just go with the non descript - "Not feeling very well." Which is easy to say becasue it's true. Hope you're feeling better now though :(

5. CAD

CAD Well-Known Member

Be honest with her. Teachers have a pastoral role as well, even if has been undermined in recent years.

6. snowraven

snowraven Well-Known Member

Best of luck tororrow Lena.:hug:Simon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.