she said mother's love is equal to all her children...

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by ba51th, May 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ba51th

ba51th Well-Known Member

she said mother loves their children equally, while father never loves their children equally...

I think... that statement is nothing but a lie...

mother... father...

each of them have their own favorite child...
  2. justMe7

justMe7 Well-Known Member

Erhm.. There is no rule for things like this. It all depends on the individual. Someone can have a favorite, someone can love their children equally. It all depends
  3. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

Part of the love for one's child is equal, i.e. serious about having children, providing, teaching, protecting. That said, a woman can give birth to a person she does not like or the child not like her. When that happens love gets mixed in with conflicting feelings. Also, some children are more interactive than others and therefore are closer to a parent. Sometimes a parents personality is a perfect match to a child and they are like buddys. There are no smooth, pat answers about anything in life.
  4. youRprecious!

youRprecious! Antiquities Friend

well, I am my mother's only child, and she was an only child, and I only had one parent - so I'm totally ill equipped to give an opinion!
  5. Growing Pains

Growing Pains Well-Known Member

I think it's natural to play favoritism and that gender has nothing to do with it.

That's not to say that a parent will love one child more than the other. Can't say there. I think that would vary person to person.

I like the expression Love doesn't divide, it multiplies.
  6. AnaNg

AnaNg Antiquities Friend

As a mother of three, I can tell you that I love each of them equally. To me, love means that they are so precious to me that I am willing to give up my life for theirs without hesitation. It also means that I am committed to making sure that they each get the things they need to live and thrive and that in order to obtain those things for them, I am willing to put their needs before my own. For example, I would gladly give them my food to keep them from starving. Love is not just an emotion. It is a decision. My children *do* a lot of things at times that I don't love, but that doesn't mean I stop loving them or that just because one is better behaved or more in tune with my personality that I love that one more. It is sometimes easier to love one of them versus another, but in the end, I make the decision to love them equally to one another.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.