She shot her own kids.

Discussion in 'Grief and Bereavement' started by Presentiment Garbage, Jan 15, 2014.

1. Two kids at my school were shot on Monday morning. I knew one of them vaguely, we had talked some. He was sweet to the extent of my knowledge. But I have had to watch some of my friends mourn and it has been really rough and I can't help but think why would two good people be taken away while I sit here being useless and failing at everything?

2. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

It is certainly a sad occurrence. But please remember they have nothing to do with your situation and if something were to happen to you it would be just as sad and also have the same negative impact on those around you.

3. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Hey, PG. :hug: I'm sorry that you've experienced a tragedy so close to home and I'm sorry you're feeling that you are useless and a failure.

We are often our own worst critics. We fault ourselves for things we would forgive in other people.

You say you are failing at everything. I believe that in spite of your negative self-assessment, you have a lot to offer the world. I see a sensitive person who is obviously intelligent and who cares about what is happening to his/her friends who are now mourning. That is certainly not failing. What else is happening in your life? Are there other specific things that are bringing you down? Feel free to share if you want to. This is a good place to air our thoughts and feelings.

Stay safe and take care.