Shed a few... this way

Discussion in 'Self Care and Healthy Lifestyles' started by transitive, Sep 22, 2010.

1. transitive

transitive Member

So I figured I'd throw this out there for those of you who are looking to drop a few pounds, but keep some muscle mass.

I threw on 25 pounds after 3 back to back surgeries on my labrum (shoulder), which, btw, is still a mess, and my BP sky-rocketed to the point my PCP was going to medicate me if I didn't get control of it through diet.

I've also been borderline diabetic for the past few years.

So, prior to the diet, I was a solid 210 pounds, at 5' 10''. My diet was loaded with salty foods, some of which were processed, and the majority of meals were accompanied with red meats.

I tried just cutting back to green foods and leaner meats, and lost no weight; not to mention feeling hungry all the time.

My dad at this time, just started the p-90x program, and purchased a blender.

the recipe: 2 cups of milk, 1 full banana, 5 sliced strawberries, 2 tablespoons ovaltine, 1 scoop of weigh protein, 3 ice cubes, 1 tablespoon of peanut butter. Blend to perfection...Drink 3 times daily, take vitamins, and eat other foods sparingly, especially unsalted nuts and fish.

In 3 weeks, with light to moderate exercise, I dropped back down to 185 pounds and have never felt as energetic as I do now.

I've tried almost every diet out there, and this is the only dietary means that keep my hunger at bay throughout the day, eliminating the need to raid.

Hope this at least helps someone. It can be difficult to lose weight if you don't have much to lose, and even if this only helps one person lose the weight in a healthier way, then I'll chalk it as a win.

next battle to conquer: the med addiction that is beginning to physically and emotionally scare the living fuck out of me. Sadly, I am loaded with scar tissue in my shoulder, and now have a herniated disc in my back (l5). One day at a time.