Sheep rescue!

Discussion in 'Positive Feelings and Motivational Messages' started by anonymous51, Oct 21, 2007.

1. anonymous51

anonymous51 Staff Alumni

This morning me and my dad where traveling to my local village to go to work when we saw none other than a bloody sheep wandering around on the middle of the road!!! :blink: (this is the only road into town and lots of trucks drive past btw.) Anyway we knew it was from my landlords field so we drive to their house which is a bit down the road but there was noone home and no answer on the mobile. We were going to just leave it but i was really upset that it might get run over and killed :sad: so we drive back up the road on a rescue mission.

so we pull over at the hard shoulder thing and he's on the other side, glaring at us with his menacing wee sheepy eyes. I step out of the car and proceed to aproach him from the left side (we were going to act out a pincer attack and trap him from both sides,) but he susses out our plan and escapes down the highway.

It was the most surreal sight ever, im standing in the middle of a big road with a relentless energy drink - delicious btw try some if you see it - in the middle of a small wood, watching a sheep gallop up the highway ignorant to the fact that a truck may hurtle around the corner flattening him instantly, watching him get smaller and smaller from the distance.

Anyway so we get back in the car and drive up (sheep can run suprisingly fast so we lost sight of him) and spot him again at a corner of the road, i get out and slowly pace towards him like something out of a western gun duel, he leaps of the side of the road thinking he will land on solid ground but landing into a sea of jaggy bushes and nettles. Im in my work uniform so im like "fuck that" but my dad goes in and pulls him out. We put him in the car cause its a van and has space in the back and drive to the fence of his field and let him out :smile:

Thankfully he was unhurt and ran off to his pals to do some grass eating. Obviously i was late and my boss obviously thought i was lying ("um yeah im late cause i was saving a sheeps life sorry") I feel so happy atm cause i know that if we didnt make the decision to save him he would probably be dead or lost right now. I know hes just an animal but im so glad that he wasnt hurt. :biggrin:
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2007
  2. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Well-Known Member

Aww...What a very Jesusy thing you just did saving a single lost sheep and all :)
  3. The_Discarded

The_Discarded Staff Alumni

:laugh: Awww, that's cool.

Sergeant Rice is a softie. :1st: for Sgt!

Nah, seriously. Good on ya. :thumbup:
  4. sarahg

sarahg Well-Known Member

hwey u u did good
    if didny will feel worse
    love talking with u and dont let this drag u down ok
  5. Spearmint

Spearmint Well-Known Member

:laugh: Go you. :thumbup: That's cute. :laugh: