She's dragging him down

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by xoCherie, Oct 25, 2011.

1. xoCherie

xoCherie Well-Known Member

My guy mate got played by my ex-friend (in my recent topics, I talked about them if you need/want the background) and it's hit him hard.
    Last night, I went to his and we played Dynasty Warriors and watched Edward Scissorhands. Throughout the movie, I made comments and remarks to get him to smile, and rawr-d like a T-rex at one stage with T-rex arms. He laughed and it looked like he was having fun.
    He just texted me saying that he only has fun when he's alone or drunk.
    I'm scared. He's closing down on his feelings, and my intuition tells me to help him. But I don't know how to. I don't want her to drag him down, and I want him to know that I'm there for him.

2. VALIS

VALIS Well-Known Member

Hi,
    from your post, I was wondering... do you maybe have an interest in him beyond friendship? because as a friend, all you can do is be there for him, but if you're waiting for him to get over his ex to be with you, you might want to invest less in caring how he feels about you at any given moment. it sounds like you are a good friend though.

3. xoCherie

xoCherie Well-Known Member

I used to, but I'm not sure about "now". It's confusing

4. justMe7

justMe7 Well-Known Member

idk, if he's coming out of a relationship, the best thing to do is just be his friend. Let him know you're there, simply by beind who you normal are with him. Go out and do normal things and help him remember to enjoy things, but just be easy. We all find our groundingin our own ways and time.