Shes saying shes going to go

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Orca of the Azure Sea, Jun 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. She says she is going to kill herself and that she has found a partner.

how do i convince her not to do it?

how do i convince her that i do love her and care about her?

how do i convince her that i want her in my life forever? that she is the only thing keeping me going?

please help her

please anybody help her

2. palmtrees

palmtrees Well-Known Member

The first question that comes to my mind is why would a person want to kill herself if she has found a partner. Could you elaborate the situation?

3. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

Yeah, the part about her wanting to kill herself but finding a partner has me confused.

4. Sorry. i mean she is saying she's found a partner to commit suicide with. as in do it together

5. Neverhappyalwayssad

Neverhappyalwayssad Well-Known Member

You can't really stop a person from commiting suicide. But making her see that its not the best answer is probably gonna be hard, and a painful fight for both of you. Get in her face, call the medics, tell her you love her. Tell her things will get better, but in the long run remember if something does happen you did everything you could and its not your fault. Maybe send her to this forum so she can talk to people who can help. Get her to see a psychatrist, and a therapist, get her on some anti-depressants. Theres tons of options but remember you can only do so much.

6. Right U R Ken

Right U R Ken Well-Known Member

No, do not do these things. Except for maybe telling her that you love her, but not the rest. She's heard them a million times before and they don't work. They may even have the opposite effect. Driving her over the edge.

Be there for her but without judgement. If she says "but life sucks" agree with her. You heard me. Tell her you understand that it does but you're in it together. Disagreeing with her isn't going to work because you'll just look like someone who doesn't understand and doesn't care. You need to understand and accept her feelings 100 percent. Don't fight her on it. She'll just fight back and hate you for it.

Be gentle but persistant. The key word is gentle. Don't get frustrated and don't get mad. Even if you feel those things don't let them out at her. Just talk to her, listen to how she's feeling, and do your best.

7. mdmefontaine

mdmefontaine Antiquities Friend

i agree with the previous poster

calling authorities '''on''' someone, rarely works

it could indeed, drive them over the edge.

if someone really wants to suceed they WILL suceed.

offer support. offer to sit with them
    offer to listen
    tell them you love them
    go to them, if necessary, in a non-threatening non-confrontational way

sometimes though, we have to realize that certain things are out of our hands

the fact that your friend is communicating this to you - is positive.

reaching out, is a good thing
    tell them that. tell them that is the part that wants to live

. . . glad you posted this here. wish you the best hon xx

8. Neverhappyalwayssad

Neverhappyalwayssad Well-Known Member

Yea thats probably right, i was really just trying to say that you can't really prevent someone from commiting suicide, I really don't have much experience dealing with another people being suicidal, but that was what all I hear happens.

9. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

I think you should definitely talk with her and show her positive support..Let her know you love her and that she has taken a positive step in confiding in you.. All you can do is be there for her.. If she does commit, remember it's not your fault you were there for her... For someone to actually commit they have to be in alot of pain and have literally given up..In that case there is nothing you can do..She will just wait until you aren't around..Do you know this other person?? Maybe talk with them and show support and that you don't want anything to happen to them..

10. Anju

Anju Well-Known Member

I agree.

11. Thanks. for all the advice. from everyone

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.