Shit News..

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Kiba, Sep 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kiba

Kiba Well-Known Member

For background information: My partner and I ended up homeless in March 2012 due to her and my roomate loosing their jobs in Dec 2012 and had to finish out our leases. We were lucky enough not to have eviction records. We went to North Carolina to live with a frien. Rather roomate with them. They backed out. Went North. Came back to Oregon to room with another friend. Got back. They backed out. Lived in my bio parents garage for 1yr. Had to leave. Started working for this lady while in the meantime figuring out how to legally get all the training. Now to the present situation.

We had the training.. found out the live-in is semi-illegal.. because its not approved by any case worker and she doesnt need full live-in.. shes playing the system.. so we got like 2 weeks..to figure something else out.. and been looking around for roomates.. and nothing seems to be panning out.. so I have no idea where we are gona go yet but we cant stay on the streets in Oregon mostly due to real safety concerns reguarding gangs..

For more info: YES we are on a bunch of section 8 based lists. And YES we have talked to a bunch of homeless shelters. And YES we have gone from program to program to governemtn program seeking assistance!! And YES we are out every day at groups seeking support on how to get out of our situation and YES my partner has a job right now 3 days a month and has been applying for jobs. She also got denied disability for the 2nd time and just to see a judge is 15-18mon out.. I am on disability income. and no I can't afford housing on my own..

So yeah.. Not that anyone really cares at this point.. but hey.. thats were we are at.. I mean if you got some other options you want to suggest we are open to them.. but be specific. I'm sorry I get frusterated hearing the same shit over and over how we need to just cry to the shelters and do all this bull shit to play the system or whatever. There are reasons we can't go to shelters.. Theres a lot of things we do, do. But apparently people don't really understand very well what it is like in our situation. idk..

Im pissed off and depressed.Im not trying to specifically target any one person.. I just don't know what to do anymore..

2. Kiba

Kiba Well-Known Member

Having trouble keeping myself together... and by the lack of responses I realize either no one cares or they don't know what to say.. And I'm going to guess no one will know when or if I die or care in either case as well.. I mean hey.. I'm a 3rd class citizen in the USA being homeless.. They don't even investigate homeless persons deaths.. I'm pretty sure I'm getting the message.. I mean with my food stamps being reduced to $30.. and me having to go into the SSI office for a review on my disability income.. yeah.. I get it. You don't want me to succeed at all in life.. you want me dead. I only take up resources and things that people who can actually function somehow need.. Well fine.. I'm pretty much about done here.. I'll give it a short while but we will see..

3. MoAnamCara

MoAnamCara SF Artist

Hi...

Firstly I'm sorry. That's a lot on your plate to deal with and I can't imagine how you've done it so far. I don't have any suggestions but I hope some others here might. I'm sorry I can't be of any use, but please, take care of yourself.

4. please forgive me

please forgive me Account Closed

i just came across your post, and i understand you have done all you can the shelters section 8 list, the social services use to have emergency vouchers for when you were being evicted, or when you were homeless. i know that sometimes the Behavioral health has program where they will pay for your rent for a certain amount of time, these services are all pretty much county programs i dont know where you are. theres a program called Tele-care that helps out people in need, and also St. Vincent DePaul helps with things. i am sorry i am not more in detail, but we do care, i just read again that you live in Oregon, i hope they are available in your state.

5. prakash

prakash Well-Known Member

sorry Kiba- sorry you are hurting. I read your post. Be strong !!!!!

6. Kiba

Kiba Well-Known Member

So I got some better news. I've been contacting multiple people about roommating and found this person who needed a roommate asap!! She had gotten a 2 bed apartment, just moved in and her roommate decided to flake out after she had just got the place. Shes on a month to month and needed someone to pay $400 a month. In short we applied yesterday to her apartment complex and should hear a yes to our background checks. We can move in as soon as we are approved which means we may have a place as soon as Monday! :D

It's actually really amazing we were able to find something that quickly. I'm really hoping it will work out. It's just funny though.. It only took just 1 day and certain circumstances to get this going. I know we don't know her all that well but from the sounds of it we will all get along alright. And if not we could leave since its a month to month if we had to.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2013
  7. Butterfly

Butterfly Pokémon Master Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

Yay Kiba! I hope it all pans out well for you, fingers crossed! :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.