Shopping - The Sales!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jenny

Staff Alumni
:yeah:

I got up this morning at 4:45am and went to the Next winter sales (Next is a clothes shop here in the UK)

The car park was full already, but i found a space and joined the queue (yes, a line/queue at that time!).. It was fantastic!!!!!!!!

I was in and out by 6:30am, and in total over £250 worse off :shy:

WOooooooooohoooooooooo

In my opinion, Next is the only 'real' sale.. all the other shops seem to get their old stock out and sell that at 20%.. but Next is genuine. You can be in Next on December 23rd and see a jacket.. then on 27th the same jacket will be 50% cheaper.

Bring it on :D Can't wait till next year :shy:

(and yes i do know i'm sad for going at that time.. but at least i wasn't the only saddo out for a bargain!!) :cool:

theleastofthese

SF Friend
Staff Alumni
I must admit that I'm just the opposite - I HATE shopping, even for food, and dread having to go to the store, any store. I got my current computer on sale - it WAS a great buy - at WalMart the day after Thanksgiving:ohmy: :ohmy: two years ago... I'll NEVER do that again, I don't care if they're selling cars for a dollar!!!! It was an awful experience and I hated humanity when I finally got out of the store!:dry:

But for those hearty souls who like it, I say, more power to ya!!:wink: :smile:

least

lool agreed. I can't stand clothes shopping hehe, i love shopping for technical things tho lol like stuff for my computer or just gadgets :biggrin:

Yes i is a gadget whore lool
lol I'm not a big shopper really unless it's like import things or antiques and nick nacks, otherwise not big into it.

TLA

Antiquitie's Friend
Hey Jenny,
you sound like my shopping pal! I love to shop, but only if I have money. Antiques, furniture, clothes, decor and especially books and crafts. The good thing is that I learned how to budget, :twocents: be thrifty and know the good places. Years ago, my brother would accompany me to estate sales. I got many things for my collections there. (Estate sales are dead or older or people that are moving, divorcing or ridding their home of items). very cool hobby.

I was in Next yesterday as well :tongue: Not as early as you though!!!
I only bought a top and a bottle of perfume, lol, so I only spent £9 :tongue: Good for you, doing so well though!!! :biggrin: :hug: :hug: :hug:

heh when i worked at next i always wondered who the hell would bother getting up at god knows what time in the morning to come sale shopping..now i know :unsure: :laugh: they get good bargains though i just couldnt be bothered hehe. still, saying that i cheated this yr went to the next clearance shop sale, got a skirt and a top for 4£ total. go me. :smile:

Jenny

Staff Alumni
:ohmy: :ohmy: Blueberry, you worked at Next!? Did you get a good staff discount?? I'm taking back a few of my things to Next tomorrow and plan on taking another look around.. my bank manager isn't going to be too pleased :D

hell yeah 25%. still got my staff discount card actually :shy: :rolleyes:

*whispers* you know they keep reducing things right, so further into jan its gonna be even cheaper and trust me they won't run out of stock. :unsure: but shh you didnt hear it from me :smile:

Spikey

:yeah:

I got up this morning at 4:45am and went to the Next winter sales (Next is a clothes shop here in the UK)

The car park was full already, but i found a space and joined the queue (yes, a line/queue at that time!).. It was fantastic!!!!!!!!

I was in and out by 6:30am, and in total over £250 worse off :shy:

WOooooooooohoooooooooo

In my opinion, Next is the only 'real' sale.. all the other shops seem to get their old stock out and sell that at 20%.. but Next is genuine. You can be in Next on December 23rd and see a jacket.. then on 27th the same jacket will be 50% cheaper.

Bring it on :D Can't wait till next year :shy:

(and yes i do know i'm sad for going at that time.. but at least i wasn't the only saddo out for a bargain!!) :cool:

Jennnyyyy... you know you love me, take me shopping ...... with your credit card.... please.... Spikey needs new clothes, her ones are full of holes... honest ;-)

S

Saoirse

I only opened up the shop yesterday (furniture) and I can honestly say it has made me hate people more than ever. We're already the cheapest in the town and they still want more deals than the one we're doing.

Been called a liar 2 or 3 times, told they won't talk to lowly me only the manager. Oh you'll love this:

Man: "ARE YOU THE BOSS?"

Me: "Me? No, I just work here building the stuff ... "

Man "YEAH, That's right ... you're just the boy ... the bloody tea boy."

That twas a first ^_^

Jenny

Staff Alumni
aww Sunset.. i would hate to have to deal with the mad crowds as they're pushing everyone out the way to get a bargain.. but boy is it fun being in the crowds :D

I've now been to Next 4 times.. and spent a lot of money. Luckily, for my birthday and Christmas I asked for lots of Next vouchers.. so not tooooo much came out of my own wallet

I can't wait until the Summer sales! :tongue:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00