Shoud I just give in to the urge?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Summer/Autumn, Jan 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Summer/Autumn

Summer/Autumn Active Member

I've not been too bad over Christmas, but I saw myself on video New Years Day and I hated what I saw (I'll spare you all the horrible details). Now I feel ready to throw in the towel. I feel so overwhelmed, with hundred and one things to do. For example I've been studying for some qualifications recently and I have a 2500 word essay to write and hand in by Friday and I haven't even started it yet. My disabled son doesn't go back to school until tomorrow - so I'm trying to keep occupied too. I've taken lots of different combination's of over the counter drugs to stop the pain - but nothing works. How can I carry on?

2. Perfect Melancholy

Perfect Melancholy SF Friend

You carry on for your son, so you dont leave him, that is a start. Then you list everything you need to do, and slowly go through them, that way you are not overwhelmed in your mind of what there is to do, as for the thoughts, you just have to keep fighting pick out the postives and use them to push the negatives away, hell I know its hard believe me, but you have to take a day at a time sometimes even an hour at a time.

3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

put things in order yu have to do most important do it one thing
    like said then cross it off do not move on until you have it done

some people start with the easiest on the list and move on that way accomplishing something gives them the motive to move on.

even if you do one paragraph of your assignment that will give you the ability to do more okay get it started

lastly breath okay slow breaths breath and tackle one thing.

i take the one hour at a time okay yu can do it.

4. may71

may71 Well-Known Member

I think most people's moods are influenced by the seasons and the weather. Now is really a low point for a lot of people. Things will probably get better later on.

Your health and well being are infinitely more important than your school work. You might be able to get an academic incomplete or some other administrative accommodation given that you are in a crisis.

Can you talk more about the pain?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.