Should I ask?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by RyanKey=MyLife, Feb 7, 2009.

1. RyanKey=MyLife

RyanKey=MyLife Well-Known Member

I liked this guy ages ago, but he said something thats always left me wondering, should I ask him?

If the full story would be more helpful, I can post:)

I wish I could make decissions for myself:sad:

My heart says go ahead ask him.
    My head says what if he is snappy like last time? (but he was really annoyed with me then anyway:(

2. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

You should not. Nothing good can come of human interaction. I suggest you avoid it.

3. RyanKey=MyLife

:sad: Really?

4. Earn

Earn Well-Known Member

without human interaction none of us would be here.life is too short to not listen to your heart.

5. Seerbrum

Seerbrum Well-Known Member

Ok that was a dick head response....

Moving on!

Depends, can you handle rejection? Are you feeling well enough, and confident enough in yourself?

You've sadly gotta decide between your heart, and your head.

Think with logic, move with passion.

IF you feel up to it, ASK, don't regret it. Just do it, look'em dead in the eyes (people like that) and ask.

But if you feel rejection might make you feel worse, if you don't feel ready, if you have a seed of doubt in yourself... don't.

A friend told me to ask a girl out, when I only managed less then a year from my first attempt (a very serious one mind you). Needless to say, it set the healing process back for me a whole two years. I'm still feeling the hurt.

And it was no ones fault but my own, LIVE and learn I guess.

Biggest thing, there will be others, maybe not this guy, but another one. So if you feel like you can take a chance, do it! BY ALL MEANS! Don't stop your life.

But in the end, if you feel you might not just be ready, if the thought of flat out rejection makes your heart wanna crawl into your stomach... then I'd suggest you wait, there will be another, or that chance may arise again! And you'll be healthy, happy, and ready for anything.

I hope it helped, I never want to see some one make that mistake I did, I caused a lot of problems for myself, and others.

Remember, HOPE for the best, PREPARE for the worse. (Sounds cliche but nothing is cliche when its happening to you).

6. xan

xan Chat Buddy

I agree with earn :yes:

7. RyanKey=MyLife

I've just sent him a V random offline message on MSN, he should know how Random I an already =/

Hopefully he'll be nice and answer properlly this time:smile:

Wish me Luck!

Goodnight sleep tight everyone!:smile:

I'm finally going to go to bed:smile:

8. RyanKey=MyLife

He's not replyed =/
    I don't know if he's been on msn =/
    But the fact he has been on the forum probably means he has:sad:

9. wheresmysheep

wheresmysheep Staff Alumni

ok and you dont have to take this, its just i prefer to reply than be one of those just looked at your thread and moved on.

IMHO if you like someoen and you have even a tiny incling its returned, say it. other wise your letting that person pass and you never know what they could have brought to your life.
    by the same stroke though, if they turn you down, you have to be accepting in that fact, and not let it affect your friendship.
    there will ALWAYS be other people, there is 6billion of us on the hunk of rock, so some one else will always be there, but at the same time i dont think any opertunity should be passed up
    again, you dont need to do this, is just my opinion :hug:

10. RyanKey=MyLife

He chatted to me when I came online, he asked what I wanted to say, then I asked and he replied with:

"I never hated you, I just never knew what to say. "

Which doesn't answer any of the questions, maybe he didn't know what to say then?

11. Seerbrum

Seerbrum Well-Known Member

It's always complicated... keep talking to him... keep it "Light hearted".

Don't unload, don't spill your emotions out. It only fucked me in the end. But maybe your experience was different.

Be cautious.

12. wibble

wibble Well-Known Member

RyanKey=MyLife: Stop making it so complicated.

Do the following:

1: Remind yourself he is just a person, he eats, shits and sleeps the same as you do. Stop putting him on a pedistal, he is just a man.
    2: Ask yourself this. Whats the worst thing he could say? Answer: NO.
    3: Realise that by not asking him, your automatically walking into the worst case scenario
    4: Ask yourself: Do you really deserve to walk into that? Answer: NO.
    5: Just askhim. No excuses, no second thoughts. If you want something, take it.

What Im saying is, I guess, cut the rubbish, cut the MSN and just say, face to face "I like you, lets get a coffee sometime". Bam, job done.

13. andyc68

andyc68 Guest

go for it, life is too short to waste time on wondering and i have just found that out for myself, grab him and tell him. good luck

14. SpencerA

SpencerA Well-Known Member

briefly outline the whole story? it's a bit vague sweetie :) xo

15. RyanKey=MyLife

I've liked this guy since March, we once dated.
    I was telling my friend about him and he said he would talk to him for me, but the guy said he wants me to talk to him.

He was on MSN but I didn't talk to him.

He came onto FB which he hardly ever uses to come and talk to me, he told me he still likes me =]

An hour later he was being all different with me like saying "Dunno" to everything, but he said he still likes me.

I asked him to tell me the truth and he said "I don't like you, but I really am sorry".

Why did he tell me he likes me?

I asked him that and he is avoiding the question.

Maybe he didn't want to hurt my feelings by saying he doesn't feel the same? Maybe he wanted to hurt me? Maybe he does like me?

What do you think?

The bottem part is 1 of the things I still want to know and also, we stopped talking from August-late December and someone in November said to me:
    that the guy couldn't talk to me again after the mistakes I have made.
    But he started talking to me again, so I want to know why:mellow:

16. RyanKey=MyLife

Turns out to be, he doesn't date girls he's not met. Wish he had told me that over 6 months ago.