Should I Be Concerned?

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by supermodel, Jun 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. supermodel

supermodel Well-Known Member

:sad:I'm not sure if I have the symptoms of becoming a cutter but the other night I had a razor blade in my hand and I was going through a thing...I had this terrible urge to slice my face open. Do I have a problem? (obviously lol)
  2. andyc68

andyc68 Guest

taking it to your face is a bit extreme and wouldn't be the greatest idea hun, i suggest you throw the blades away and talk to someone here, cutting always starts small , somewhere hidden in the usual places.

sorry i can't be more help

wait for others to reply but lose the blades for now

stay safe
  3. no point

no point Well-Known Member

What has made you want to cut your face?
  4. supermodel

Here goes..I am a part time model. People consider me...pretty. I guess. My love life is down the tubes.....DOWN THE TUBES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So one night during my numerous let downs, I looked in the hair is always makeup is always flawless and I felt like, "None of this matters anymore. It doesn't matter how pretty I look or how other people call me beautiful. It doesn't matter because I'm not" I started taking my fingernails (which are long) and began scratching at my face. I then grabbed the razor blades and had this urge to slice my face wide open. I just sat there with it in my hand. Does that make me a self harmer? I figure that something like that would start off tiny cuts...not some big chop to my face.
  5. Rachael41

Rachael41 Well-Known Member

I think that cutting does usually start as something small in areas where its not noticable...i no it was for me....but it seems that as things get worse, or u perceive them as worse, u tend to cut more often, deeper and u reach a stage wer u dnt care if ppl c it,

I think that targeting ur face first, was a bit extreme..but seein as ur a model and ppl focus so much on ur looks, its no suprise that u felt upset and wanted to cut ur face.

I hope u didnt go through with it :( if ur a model ur obviously a beautiful person. on the outside and the inside :)

Try talkin to someone u trust or care about, and im sure they wouldnt judge u :)

pm me if u ever need to talk :)
  6. andyc68

andyc68 Guest

by destroying your face you may be destroying your chances of a happy future, i know there is one out there for you hun.
    i understand your reasons but i hope you think twice, find some help or talk to someone here.
  7. supermodel

I know that would probably make me in a worse off position than what Im in but I'm just worried if that qualifies me to be a cutter or someone that is in danger of cutting themselves in the future...should I get rid of sharp objects now??? I just remember the hurt I felt then at that exact moment and that was the first thought that came to my head. I'm waiting for a therapist to call me soon to schedule an appointment. Hopefully it will be soon, I need help!
  8. andyc68

andyc68 Guest

Get Rid Of The Razors Hun, Its Sounds As If Your Depression Is Making You Think That Cutting Is Going To Make You Feel Better When It Won't, Its Just A Temp Thing And Then You Will Feel Worse Knowing You Have Scarred Yourself And In Your Proffession That Will Be Damaging.

Pm Me If You Need To Chat Hun
  9. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

I agree....GET AWAY FROM THE is not what we think, but what we do that defines ourselves...sometimes, we can make changes without divorcing ourselves from who we are at the time...bring the gifts with you and change courses...yes, beauty is not everything, but presenting yourself to the world in a genuinely authentic and beautiful way is a great goal...big hugs, J
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.