Should I be worried about Ex Girlfriend

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by lightningline, May 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lightningline

lightningline Member

Short history. I was with her 10 years...it ended a year ago but we have stayed in touch. She seems to have no hope. I dont want the crisis people to make her loose her job and haul her to the hospital but I dont want her to harm herself either. I hope Im in the right place...she has threatend many times before to end her life. She even sent me a page once that said how to make a noose...and said she had been practicing. Anyhow here is the letter I got yesterday. I dont want to raise a false alarm but I would feel terrible if she did herself in...she loves to drink and is on Vicodine...please advise...

She sent me a few pics and she looked so empty..I tried to advise her to that and get her to think straight...well here it goese....should I be concerned
    or is she blowing smoke for attention...

Here it is....sounds bad to me. This is not a suicide note....I dont know what to think of it......please if you must deleat it at least point me in the right direction to deal with this.

What was it you said? Empty, scared, and hopeless? Yep. That's me. I just wanted to use up the roll of film. A picture's worth a thousand words. It's not a dare, or a joke, or a threat this time. I've boxed up stuff, written letters to people. This isn't like how I've been before. Just stop, okay? There's nothing here worth saving. Worth loving. Worth caring about. Just stop and don't make this harder. I just want the pain to stop. I need to figure this shit out, and if I can't because I'm too tired, well, I'm too tired of it all. So just let me either do it or not but the last thing I need is more f#$%^ing pressure! Thanks for trying, though. It's admirable.

Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2009
  2. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

Is there any way you can get her some help, or let someone close to her know what she's planning?

3. lightningline

lightningline Member

She really dont have anyone. Just a Grandma in a Nurseing Home and a 19 year old daughter who she dont talk to much at all. There is a crisis center here...I mean people I could call who will check her out but I am worried if she is just trying to get attention and she looses her job because they haul her off to the hospital she'll hate me and get out and just be twice as sad and really do it...I am scared for her. I went to get my cat from her a month ago. (I couldnt have it where I was after we split) The house was very trashed...garbage everywhere...and she lost a lot of weight...she looked boney...dark circles around her eyes...she wouldnt even look at me. She is on and off with a new much younger guy (17 years younger) and he reguarly tells her how worthless she is and an old bag and such...a very bad situation. She gets like this every time he leaves her...some time she may have had enough and do herself in.......

4. shades

shades Staff Alumni

You know her much better than we do, but no one can ever be sure if it's just for attention or not. A good friend of mine who owns a gun once called me and said "this is it". His mother was not around and he was too far away for me to go over there so I called 911 and they found him with the loaded gun nearby. They took him for 3 day observation and put him on some meds. which helped.

Bottom line...as said above, try and get someone close to her to make contact and if they cannot I would call 911. That letter is close enough to a "note" to be very concerned.

5. swimmergirl

swimmergirl Well-Known Member

Yes, get her some help!

6. lightningline

lightningline Member

Im gonna call the police and get someone to check on her...to many other signs

I sent her an e-mail a few days ago asking her if she'll take care of my cat in June while I go on a vacation...her reply "I wont be around then "

I asked her how she was..I got back " im not well. you'll hear about it soon.
    c'est la vie (et mort...)"

I dont care if she gets mad or looses her job which she shouldnt if they make her go to the hospital. She'll get a Dr note I am sure.....screw the job. If she kills herself and I did nothing I would feel terrible. A 19 year old girl will loose her mom..and I loose a friend....it will just be terrible. And of course she'll be dead when there is always (well almost) hope.

Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2009
  7. lightningline

lightningline Member

well I made some phone calls and no one gives a shit...they just give me another number....screw it.. :(

8. lightningline

lightningline Member

Well I got a suicide note and called police and they took her to the crisis center. All I managed to do is piss her off at me and reunite her with the abusive a&&&&hole who caused her mental anguish in the first place. She is a very sick person indeed...I give up. Does she call a friend who cares to go feed her cats...noooooooo...she calls the monster who makes her life hell and broke all her things except the stuff he uses. I just don't understand. It is amazing how this jerk shows up every time she contacts me...no matter how long he's been gone. I thought I could be a friend and try to help but all I am doing is smashing my own heart over and over...jeezzze !

:sad:

9. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

You've done everything you can though. I know it hurts like hell, but you can only do so much. And you did the right thing by getting her some help. She needs to let go of that guy who keeps hurting her, instead of calling him when she needs something.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.