Should I call my Mom 2day

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by Righteous, May 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Righteous

Righteous Well-Known Member

I know 2day is Mother's Day and I was trying 2 see if any of u think I should call my momma. We haven't had the best relationship over the past 2 years and during my childhood, be barely had a relationship at all. I really didn't like the way she treated me when I was younger and I also didn't like the way she never criticized by dad for being a bad dad. From 2001-2007 we got along ok, but the past 2 years really hasn't been that good 4 me and my mom. Oh and if u have read my last topic I posted you'll see another reason why I don't want 2 talk 2 her.

I'm not saying that I am not going 2 talk to her ever again, but I just don't want 2 talk to her 2day because I feel that there may be a controversial conversation going on. I feel that if I talk 2 her 2day that there may be more heat added 2 the fire that we got going on. I would rather play it safe and wait a few months or possibly years before I talk 2 her and then maybe we can get a fresh start.
  2. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

I think you answered your own question here :)
  3. ~Claire

~Claire Well-Known Member

I've not read your other post so I don't know your reasons for not wanting to talk to her.

Perhaps you can send a card instead? Then you don't need to talk to her but it shows that you haven't forgotten. I do this quite often with my parents when I am not talking to them.

:hug: xx
  4. shades

shades Staff Alumni

Maybe today is the perfect time to try and mend the relationship. I don't think it would hurt anything based on the way you say the relationship is going.
  5. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

A phone call like the sort you make on Mothers' Day will very likely be nonconfrontational. Just keep it short and shallow, you indicate that you still see her as your mom. "Hi, mom, I just called to wish you a happy Mothers' Day" - don't mention the bad parts in your relationship.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.