Should i change cutting for

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Hurted, Jan 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hurted

Hurted Well-Known Member

I try to burn my hand with ciggarette few minutes ago... and i cut myself again today:sad:
    When i came from school i played instrument and listen music for 2 hours and i thought that i win... but then i cut again:sad:
  2. justgettinby

justgettinby Well-Known Member

I'm sorry, I know it's hard to stop cutting. But you're definitely on the right track by trying to direct your energy/emotions onto something else, and music is a great outlet. Keep trying to use distractions like that. You can pull through this.
  3. Hurted

Hurted Well-Known Member

Thanks for help!:smile:
    My new goal is to stop cutting for at least 7 days...
  4. GhostOfYou

GhostOfYou Well-Known Member

Hey, I'm really sorry you're having a tough time stopping cutting. I'm gonig through the same thing. However, burning isn't a good thing to switch to. It's Self Harm, in another form, but still Self Harm. It's still adictive and it's still causing physical pain to yourself, which I really suggest you stop doing.
    Music is a great alternative to self harm! What I recomend is making a long list of your favorite alternatives so whenever you feel like cutting or burning, you can try out some of those altrenatives.
    If you're looking for something to switch cutting to, swtich to something constructive, or atleast healthy. Perhaps try running/exersize. I'm not sure if you're an athlete or anything, but exersizing releases endorphants, the happy drug in your brain which happens to be the same 'happy drug' that is released when you cut, burn, or use other methods of self harm.
    Hope things start looking up for you, and good luck stopping cutting. Add me on msn if you ever need someone to talk to. Take care!

5. Hurted

Hurted Well-Known Member

I will do list tommorow:smile:
    Oh, and btw: I hold my hands on candle few minutes ago...
    Today is worst day in my life... i have never before wanted to hurt myself so badly:sad:
    But i will try to stop, i beleive that i can... at least i think that i can...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.