Should I check into a psych hospital

Discussion in 'Therapy and Medication' started by moogkitz, Jan 18, 2015.

1. moogkitz

moogkitz Well-Known Member

I have been depressed for as long as I can remember, I'm 20 years old. I have been having continuous suicidal thoughts for a few months now but haven't seen a therapist in a very long time. My only concerns would be if my insurance covered a stay and who would take care of my son while I'm away (he's nine months old). I often have a plan, but I haven't actually attempted but I just want these extremely intrusive thoughts to go away so I can live my life without hating myself. I am also very angry and withdrawn all the time and have thoughts of hurting others, including my son which I feel terrible about. What should I do?
  2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi there...

To be perfectly honest, if you have thoughts of hurting yourself and your precious son, now is the time to get help. Get help no matter what the cost because you cannot put a price on a life. Do you have anyone around to support you and your son? What do you think has made you so depressed?
  3. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

Sorry you're feeling that way. Petals right, get help. Has it gotten worse with pregnancy or atfer having your son?
  4. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

Following up on this? Have you felt better since?