should i continue my life as LOSER??

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by optimistic, Dec 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. optimistic

optimistic Member

Hi guys,
    i am new to the forum and also not in good emotional state of mind. so please ignore my bad language and style..

i am 26 year old bum.. from childhood i didnt like to live a normal life or routine( doing job, having dinner , spending time with family, sleeping..cycle repeats)..

but right now i am doing this same old thing everyday..
    tried different things in life like
    first, tried to find meaning in life(philosophy) = FAIL
    tried to understand science= FAIL
    tried different sports= FAIL

now i feel empty with my existence nothing but dead weight.. so what do think guys, better to end this life than to spend it as a LOSER TAG ON MY HEAD...

2. Anonymous11

Anonymous11 Member

Sounds like your just really stressed and dont know what direction to go with life and i understand that im in the same boat. Your not a loser though man your just lost just try and find something that makes you happy and do that.

3. optimistic

optimistic Member

no man, now i m sick of this thing... i have running in life for years now.. nothing ..it seems i m just another donkey who did nothing in life.. better to end this life forever..

and lol..u dont call me loser??failed in everything i did.. also now i m quitting whatever i m doing right now... perfect example of loser..

4. KittyGirl

KittyGirl Well-Known Member

In highschool, I was voted most likely to achieve my goals.
    It's only been a couple of years, but the mask I worked so hard to wear has peeled off and now everyone realizes that I'm not good at anything- I'm ugly, have no job, no money and no friends.

The only person I ever wanted to make happy broke my heart and took away any chance I had of being even a bit happy and having a chance at a future.

But, fuck-- lots of people are the same way.

This isn't a contest to see who is the biggest loser, or who has it worse; because either way it sucks to feel like your life isn't worth anything and we all feel the same.
    I say- yeah. Continue your life, but try to find something that you like and focus on it rather than focusing on the many things that fucking suck.
    You just haven't found what you're meant to do yet.

5. optimistic

optimistic Member

thanks kitty for ur reply..
    u said find the things that i like and continue.. but till what age?? the very thought of dying at the age of 80, knowing that i did nothing terrifies me..

6. Jseer

Jseer Active Member

Here's a secret just for you!
    Everone's a frigg'n loser! IF any soul comes to Earth for his/her 100yrs or so, ALL must partake in the loser theme!..you really think Obama is NOT a loser?..look at the sob running the country into the ground,then to add insult to injury,during a depression when all are dumbassed broke, guess what he goes and does? He creates another tax for you& me to pay into!!!!!!!
    NOW there's MY definition of a loser gone ape shit,WHILE he purposly turns a f'n blind eye to his own mexican border WHILE putting the country through ANOTHER bush like distraction over in that a-f**istan b.s.!!..trust me Optimistic, you are F-A-R off from what you should be labelling yourself!

7. Jseer

Jseer Active Member

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2009
  8. optimistic

optimistic Member

seriously, that helped.. but the thought of me being in deathbed at the age of 80 is very scary.. i would that guy who tried different things and still didnt knew what to do in his whole life..

9. EmmaK

EmmaK Member

You are not looser of course.

New year is about to come and I hope you can give another year to see what is going to happen.

For me, I'm envy of you.. I even can't repeat the things any more. Misfortune things keep falling down on me since 2005 and my life has changed to completely. I even can't do routine I used to enjoy.

My life had been many failure but after 30, I tried hard again and I was achieving many things after my efforts.

But since 2005, it's been out of my control that terrible and life changing things keep fall down on me.

I understand you want changes.. but there are still things you can do.. you don't need to force to change. You will find something that makes you feel good.

It's worth to see what is going to happen in 2010.

10. jjjoooggg2

jjjoooggg2 Well-Known Member

You really are hard on yourself. Kinda like you are your own worst enemy. Why should it matter what others think. Or how successful one is.

Did you parents have any influence on your negativity.

11. optimistic

optimistic Member

thanks for the reply.. i am hoping that new year things will get better.. but i cant get u .. how will my life change if i let it go how it is going on now?? obviously i need to make harsh decisions...

12. optimistic

optimistic Member

@jjjoooggg2:
    "You really are hard on yourself. Kinda like you are your own worst enemy. Why should it matter what others think. Or how successful one is."

Because we all relatively compare success. Definition of success itself is "how favorable the result is in people's eye". For e.g one will be not be happy if he invents a great thing if he stays in forests.. (reason: no one to appreciate or use it).. right??

btw, What's your definition of success?? ( Feel free to tell me if you think I have false opinions )

13. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

Success is a journey, not a destination.

It sounds like you were hurt or neglected by a person or more than one person. This in and of itself can result in a person not being able to follow the path most people follow.

Hang out here for awhile. Read our stories. I believe you will find yourself in different stories. Once you find these things and resolve them, you have a much better chance of finding something you want to do and be happy doing it.

Do you have a something you want to do but someone prevented you from doing it?

:hug:

14. Tobes

Tobes Well-Known Member

It sounds to me like you quit too easily. What's stopping you from continuing with things you have failed at? Yourself, that's what. If you want to not be a loser, then don't quit what you are doing. Keep at it, that's what makes a successful person.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2009
  15. Reki

Reki Well-Known Member

You haven't failed at them, you've just given up on them. You can fail a test, lose a race, miss a train, learning is something we can do until the day we die. Everyone's wanted to give up at some time or the other. If you ask me the person who sucks at something and still keeps going shows a lot of character and that's something to be proud of, because eventually that person is going to get better at it. They'll get better and will have learned from success and from failure, and will be much better off.

You really shouldn't give up, everyone fails. It doesn't make you a loser until you believe it does and it stops as soon as you do because your opinion is the only one that matters.

16. jjjoooggg2

jjjoooggg2 Well-Known Member

I really don't think success should be a comparison to others. I know that I can never live up to others expectations. Because they are too busy making up lies about me. So it doesn't even matter what I do.

Sometimes, doing nothing is better than doing something bad. At least, you are not some drug dealer living off the misery of others. You should be happy that you are a good standing civilian.

17. optimistic

optimistic Member

Thanks for honest replies.. Chargette, Tobes, Reki, jjjoooggg2

Also thankful to Bambi, *Sparkle* for giving great advice in conversations..

Will start all over again..

:stars:

18. ilsa

ilsa Member

I feel the same way you do. I'm 26 and have failed at lots of things that most people have no problem doing. I gave up on myself for a long time. Then I decided to spend the past year trying to pick myself back up, because beating myself up constantly while doing nothing to change, that was mainly what was making me a loser... Yeah, 26 isn't that young anymore, but we're still young enough to be allowed to have made some bad choices. It's still sort of a transition age that's a good time to start making major changes.

I know this is horribly cliched advice, but if you believe in yourself and continue to try to achieve the things you've failed at, there's bound to be something you'll succeed at. At the very least, it'll make you a stronger person and build character... Maybe you should try setting small weekly or monthly goals for yourself, like what I'm doing. For me, it's overwhelming to take any sort of action, since my ultimate goals are to get over my severe social anxiety and to finally find a career path for myself and become employable. It's so easy to just give up, but quitting will only make things worse for us in the long run.

19. spyke

spyke Well-Known Member

the "loser" tag simply cos you don't conform with what is considered standard is unfair

actually i'd consider it as an act of intelligence to not want to follow some forced routine you my however feel better about yourself if you set yourself some short term goal nothing fancy just one thing at a time

those who would give you grief over that simply to make themselves feel better or out of some BS "concern" for you should simply get a middle finger stuck up in their general direction from you

you're not a sheep no one is forcing you to do what everyone does

instead be unique and find what works for you

get a job from at home if you can something which has flexible hours lot's of i.t jobs are like that they are out there and you'll probably find you can do them better than most so called "normal" people

as for sports they're not to everyones tastes just find something you're passionate about and stay true to yourself

as for meanin to life i personally believe there is none but i'm an emotionally dead person who believes life IS hell ie: samsara so i can't really comment much

getting to the point

stop feeling like a loser cos society claims you are cos you haven't thrown yourself into it's bullshit "rat race" which is designed to prey on the stupid and weak to further others through their greed and ambition

20. Sparky55313

Sparky55313 Well-Known Member

Optomistic. What a great name for this forum!
    I was feeling such a loser in my twenties. I married, had kids and lived the life like the dream is expected. I wanted more and nobody could understand why or what. Neither could I.
    I did all the high school sports and never finished a season. I took flight school & never finished because of lack of funds.
    it wasn't until my late thirties I decided I was gonna go back to school and pull off a 4.0! I was very optimistic but did it!
    I think you just need to find another interest and be very optimistic and pull it off! I did. You can too!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.