Should i do it?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by bleach, May 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bleach

bleach Well-Known Member

I'm tired of this shit
    Effort in gets no reward out
    What is the point? The whole world is telling me I aint worth shit. Nobody will remember me when I'm gone for very long. I was born to fail and die young. I may as well get it over with now.

2. RosiePosie

RosiePosie Member

Well,
    what's your situation?

3. man

man Well-Known Member

just keep going even if life sucks you shouldn't give up something might happen that turns your life around, animals might escape from the zoo and you could have a dam good time watching rhinos walk around town, I have no idea where that came from but crazy things happen, stick around you might experince something you enjoy you never know

4. bleach

bleach Well-Known Member

I'm a loser
    With a shitty life
    That is not going to change

5. middleofnowhere

middleofnowhere Well-Known Member

Agreed - lots of effort in with little or no reward out. My counselor rattled off a list of my life accomplishments today, but all that is in my past. It was nice of her to try to help me. Trouble is, when we feel like there's nothing about us worth being proud of, we can't see what other people see. And we don't really believe them when they try to tell us about those good things because we've decided we're worthless and life is pointless. Anyone try to tell you about your good points? Maybe all you hear is the bad.

6. bleach

bleach Well-Known Member

No. They would be lies anyway.

people have an instinct to comfort each other in moments of distress
    But it's all bullshit. They don't know you.
    No one knows how worthless you are but you.

7. noplacetogo

noplacetogo Well-Known Member

You're right bleach, no one knows us more than ourselves. The thing about being worthless is; Is it you that thinks you're worthless, or are you letting other people make you feel worthless? I know that personally, I am just as good or bad as everybody else, but when I think about what other people have done and or doing, I feel like nothing. When I start thinking about other people's lives and how they treat me sometimes, I feel like shit. What I try to do is just focus on silly goals I set for myself... not even huge accomplishments or anything. Just things like, 'tomorrow finish one book, or Sunday fix so and so. It sounds stupid and pointless and it most likely is, but it does a good job of getting my mind off other people's lives, and that helps a lot. I'm a loser too with a shitty life and I feel like I should probably die soon, but I just take comfort in the fact that I can do it at any time and just fix my mind on stupid daily goals to distract myself and sometimes have fun while I'm at it.

8. bleach

bleach Well-Known Member

Exactly.
    But how to solve it?
    Turn off all comparison thoughts for the rest of my life?
    even assuming it is possible, I don't think I have the strength to do that

9. noplacetogo

noplacetogo Well-Known Member

I wouldn't even begin to know where to start on solving it. My method that I mentioned about occupying my time with goals works a little bit for me though. I just focus my attention on certain things as much as I can and the world around me dissolves a bit. It's just me and the thing for a brief time and it's a decent feeling.
    The thing you mention about stop comparing is interesting though. It's said that most people who are unhappy are so because they are constantly comparing themselves to other people. We want what we don't have. I guess it's human nature or something, but I think if we can just lessen the thoughts somehow, it makes life a little less miserable.
    I think you definitely have the strength. I mean, it probably takes more energy to keep thinking about what everyone has than to not think about it at all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.