Should i feel something?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Debased, Nov 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Debased

Debased Member

Yesterday i was seconds away from xxxxx.
    Is it normal that i felt absolutely no emotion about myself or my life or what i was doing? I thought i might have felt something at least.

Obviously i didnt do it, but these feelings of wanting to die are constant but i can never quite go through with it. Yesterday was the closest i have come to ending it all.

I suppose i want help to stop feeling like this, but what if i cant?
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2010
  2. In Limbo

In Limbo Forum Buddy

Whilst I haven't talked to enough people to ascertain as to whether that's normal it does not surprise me. When I attempted things were sorted in my own head.

You can and are able to stop feeling like this, but only after you've worked out why you feel suicidal in the first place, and then finding ways to adapt to, or solve the problem.

Happy to talk either on here or by PM,
    Much love,
  3. Dave_N

Dave_N Banned Member

Hi Debased and welcome to SF. I'm glad that you chose not to jump. Maybe you didn't feel anything because subconsciously, you knew that you were not going to jump. I'm sure if you did jump, you would be very scared, but then it would be too late.
  4. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Hi and takes a lot of pain to get to that point and sometimes we shut down...that is one of our coping mechanisms...please talk to us about what is going on for you...have you spoken to a professional to see how best to be helped? Big hugs and welcome again, J
  5. Debased

Debased Member

I have had suicidal thoughts for the last 9yrs at least. Never constant, just good spells, bad spells etc. Its only recently it seems to have reached its peak.

I dont speak to anyone about this, its very personal and i dont trust anybody.
    I just feel ashamed for feeling like this and also that im not worth bothering about.

Writing about this to strangers feels better. It feels more formal and easier to deal with.

I have studied psychology and sociology and many other subjects dealing with humanity to a degree. I over-think everything alot and i feel i have got to a level where i analyse myself to such an extent that nothing feels attached/personal to myself, i feel numb emotion wise and wanting to "go" has just become an escape.

Obviously i have somethings that get to me that make me feel like this, i just dont think i can address the issues i have because i have spent so much time ignoring them, i have reached a stage where i feel like ive moved on but im kidding myself, i cant bring myself to actually face the real problems.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.