Should I go to Accident and Emergency?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by black mamba, Feb 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. black mamba

black mamba Active Member

I really need some type of help quickly. I've just got off the phone with a psych nurse and she says that my doctor can't see me until tomorrow. So, she told me to go to the A+E at my local hospital. But the last time I went there they treated my like shit and didn't take me seriously at all. I ended up feeling worse then I did before and really don't want that to happen again. I don't know what to do.

2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Go to the Emergency Room and tell yourself that you will demand to be treated well...wish we were closer as I would accompany you and make sure this happens...big hugs and go get the care you need...J

3. crookxshanks

crookxshanks Well-Known Member

wish that i could come with you but going to a&e if thats the advice thats been given will be best. maybe this time they wont be as bad and if they are just say that you need help as much as the next person in a&e does. just because its mental illness doesnt mean that there isnt anything wrong with you :hug:

just please get the care you need :hug:

4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I think you should go to A and E. You deserve to get the help you need :hug: Have you got someone to go with you?

5. mdmefontaine

mdmefontaine Antiquities Friend

YES go - and yes, make sure they treat you with respect.
    take care of yourself. you are doing the right thing . .. (((hugs))))
    xxx

6. black mamba

Hi and thanks to everyone who replied. I fell asleep before and have just woken up. And still trying to decide what to do. I know, as everyone has said, that going to A+E would probably be the best thing but I might go to my local Samaritans branch instead. It's just a few minutes' walk along the road.

andy

7. plates

plates Well-Known Member

hope you get the help you need and you are treated well :hug:

8. black mamba

Thank you!!
    :thanks:

9. ~Claire

~Claire Well-Known Member

Do whatever you need to do to keep yourself safe hun.

I had to go to the ED a few weeks ago, my GP wouldn't even let me drive myself there & to say I was scared would be a slight understatement. I ended up talking to a really nice on call psychiatrist & I felt a bit better for it.

Take care, Claire xx

10. black mamba

Thanks, Claire.

I had an appointment with my G.P. this morning. He sent me straight up to
    A+E. Waited around for hours and eventually saw someone from the crisis team. They wouldn't admit me into hospital because they said it would just make me worse. Instead they're going to send somebody from the Home Treatment Team out tomorrow. It's going to be a long, lonely night.
    andy

11. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Hey Andy if you need someone to talk to you this evening, I am on and off the forum all different times day and night. You can pretty much set your watch with me. It has become a routine with me. I'm usually back on line between 0100 and 0300. I don't sleep much. But anyhow if I am online feel free to talk to me thats why I am there!!!Take care!!

12. black mamba

Hi Joseph,

Thanks for that I really appreciate it.

andy

13. ~Claire

~Claire Well-Known Member

Hi Andy,

I'm glad you have them coming to see you tomorrow. Even though it's only 1 night I know how long those few hours can be.

I'll probably be on & off through the night if you need someone :hug:. Is there anything else you can do to take your mind off things? Sometimes even looking through posts here can kill a good few hours.

Take care, Claire xx

14. black mamba

Hi Claire,

Thank you. I'm gonna try to get some work done. Not sure whether it will take my mind of things but I'll give it a shot.

I'm kind of overwhelmed by how nice is everyone on here. Not used to people being so understanding when I talk about this stuff.

Thank you.
    andy

15. mdmefontaine

mdmefontaine Antiquities Friend

hey- - - probably have a time zone difference going on w/you and me. . i'm in eastern canada. . .. but i am up at odd hours! and on and off throughout the day - my pm box is always open to you -

definitely post and let us know what goes on - with the home visit.... we all care about you hun :hug:

16. black mamba

Thank you!!

There is definitely a time zone difference, but I'm still up. I'm a bit of a nighthawk.

Thanks for the support it, means a lot to me.
    andy
    :thanks:

17. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

I wondered how things were going for you now? I hope you get the help you need to feel better this time.

18. black mamba

Hi, I'm doing a bit better now. Don't really feel as bad as I did. I saw someone from the Home Treatment Team yesterday and it went quite well. There is supposed to be someone coming today as well but they haven't shown up yet.

I just want to thank everyone on here. The support I've recieved from you all. It's made the last few days a lot easier than it would have been otherwise.

Thank you
    andy
    x

19. alimar

alimar Well-Known Member

Andy hope you are doing okay... we are close by I am in Bolton.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.