Should I Go To The Hospital?

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Godsdrummer, Apr 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

I am posting this here because of my cigarette addiction.

Over the past few weeks or so, I have been having smokers cough in the mornings. I would get that from time to time, usually an episode will last for a couple of days and then I am good for a few more months.

Yesterday, my smokers cough came back in the late afternoon, and it hasnt gone away yet today. I have been up and at it now for 6.5 hours. Usually this thing dies down within the first hour.

I talk for a living so every word I speak has become painful. There is a heaviness in my chest. I know I have asthma. I have been hitting my inhaler and taking cough drops.

But if this thing doesnt clear up by the time I leave work, I am thinking of going to the local er.

But even with insurance, that stuff is expensive.

I dont know what to do.
  2. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

Well since no one is wanting to tackle this one, and since I am suicidal, I think I wont go to the hospital and let nature take it's course. Screw it.
  3. soliloquise

soliloquise Well-Known Member

go to the hosp pete and also go back on your meds. you will never escape this cycle unless you stick to the meds you need and look after yourself. find a way to afford your medication, its essential for your life.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.