Should I keep a journal?

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Mango, Jan 24, 2011.

1. Mango

Mango Member

I'm a guy. Sometimes I want to write down my thoughts. It seems pointless. I feel lousy after writing something personal. The longer and more in depth I write the lousier I feel afterward. Still, sometimes, I want it to be 'there'. I don't want to die alone. That is one of my fears. I want someone to understand me. If I wrote a journal my thoughts will remain, even if I am gone. But I want to be understood. No one is going to read what I write, and I wouldn't want them. They won't understand. If I kept a journal I would be only writing to myself; that seems pointless.

2. nolonger

nolonger Well-Known Member

You could start a diary in the diary section of this website. There's either a 'Member's Diary' where everyone can read it if they choose too. Or a 'Member's Private Diary' where only you and the admin can read(the admins only read it to avoid a shooting/rampage/suicide etc).

I have my own diary thing in the member's section because it can help me organise my thoughts. Slightly. I can *attempt* to put what I'm thinking onto a website, where no one can really find it(unless someone manages to get my laptop/somehow find I use a suicide forum...).

You probly think it's lame writing a journal etc, that it's some sought of chick thing? I wouldn't say so. Many people would have journals. Just doesn't mean they'd tell you/make it known. I only write my stuff on the net/computer because mum or someone would probly go through my room and find it....:unsure:

3. Romancer

Romancer Well-Known Member

or you could start a blog, that way people would read and slowly get to understand you :)