should i quit my job?

Status
Not open for further replies.

scareddude

It's a community job 25 hours a week. I have autism and schizophrenia and it's sort of a charity case job. Someone got government funding for me to do the job so the government pays me.

I don't enjoy the job and think it's making me unwell.

i already have PIP enhanced rate and can't get hired in regular jobs.

I'm 23.

I don't see a future in work, and I certainly will never get the sort of work which will attract a good mate. I don't think I'll be able to secure a mainstream job after it and hold it down, as I'm severely mentally ill.

All I can do with the money (it's a 6 month min wage job, so presumably about £4000) is put it in a trust, and continue whittling my money down until I'm on ESA.

I am severely disabled before you ask.

I will probably be unable to secure a partner, or save up for a flat on my own (my parents say they'll hopefully put money aside so i can get one when they die).

I don't know what the point of this job is.

ThePhantomLady

Safety and Support
SF Supporter
I'd say if the job is making you worse it isn't good for you. Stress is only going to make your illness worse.
Have you said that to the relevant people? Perhaps they could find something else for you?

Having a certain job or income should not mean anything to the right person! Your health is important too, that is both physical as well as mental.

My best friend is schizophrenic and I always find that stress makes her symptoms so much worse. But while she had a 'charity' sort of job she loved, even working with one of her passions she grew as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00