should i quit?

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by DarlingIAdoreYou, Feb 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarlingIAdoreYou

DarlingIAdoreYou Active Member

I know I'm extremely young. But I've experienced drugs. I've smoked weed (which isn't a drug), cigarettes, I've snorted ecstasy, I've done shrooms. I've promised my boyfriend not to smoke or do any kind of drug or plant. But its the only way for me to escape this world other then self harm. I'm just having a hard time with this.

2. smwhorses

smwhorses Well-Known Member

:hug:
    The easy answer is yes you should quit. Yet stopping without changing why you need the drugs will not help much. You need to look at why you need to escape. What is it that is so bad you are running from it any way you can? There are lots of things that are worth running from. Unluckily doing the drugs just hides you from them for a bit.

It sounds like you know this and need support to help you truely get past what you want to escape. Lots of us here will help, or do our best to try.

3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi there,

I can't say I completely understand how you are feeling as I was never a drug user but my ex boyfriend was addicted to morphine so I know how it can tear your life apart, consume everything within, all you can think about is the next fix.

Yes. You should quit. Drugs are dangerous as you already know and very hard to get off, I'd advise you to talk to your doctor about your addictions before they get any worse. Is there a narcotics anonymous in your area? That would be really helpful.

It's great you have your boyfriend there to support you too. Set a date and be determined!!

I wish you all the best.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.