Should I reach out?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Sardaukar, Oct 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sardaukar

Sardaukar Well-Known Member

Should I reach out to people I dont know? I have an opportunity to meet some people Ive met on a forum, but can I risk the rejection, I want them to accept me so badly it hurts, Im so desperate to belong somewhere, that the pain of their rejection will kill me, But if I dont reach out, if I dont make an effort I will die. What should I do, I have to belong somewhere, i have to. Its life or death, this pain is too much to bear, its been my burden for so long.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

You should be careful meeting up with someone from a forum unless you know who they are if anything bring someone with you okay and go to a public place so you have people around you until you get to know these people

3. Sardaukar

I have to, there has to be more to life than this, and its slipping by every day. I'm so tired of being trapped in my tiny world, but without friends I cant get out there and experience it. If I dont then i will die, i am sure of it, and if they turn out to be dangerous and kill me, well at least i will have really, truly lived, by taking charge of my life. A moment of true living is worth all these empty years that have dragged by, I would give anything for that.

4. joonior

joonior Active Member

I'd say it can be a good idea as long as you're careful and meet up in a public place, and set up your own transportation. Another thing I'd suggest is to make sure the person you meet with isn't in a destructive mode and won't have much of a risk of enabling any bad thoughts you may have.

I'm new here, so I can't attest as to the moral fiber of everyone, but most here seem be reasonable enough to meet (although I already know of one person who (in my opinion) doesn't deserve your acquaintance. I think others who've been here much longer would be a better resource as to whether someone is relatively safe to meet or not.

Good luck, and stay safe!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2011
  5. Sardaukar

The die has been cast, now I have to see what happens. Im scared shitless though, what if I get rejected by them, i think that will destroy me, but i cant stay inside this shell forever, too afraid to go out for fear of failure. Should I back out, or go through with? Please help, im very unsure about this, all I know is if i dont try then it will be the end of me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.