should I stay or should I go?

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by stayorgo, Aug 22, 2007.

1. stayorgo

stayorgo Member

I'm new to this site. I've been taking meds for depression for several years now and I've been okay up until now. For the last 2 years I've been going down. The last few months I've started thinking about suicide. I feel no reason to live, just getting more distant from everything and everybody. I feel numb on the inside. I want for nothing. I can't think of anything that would make me happy. My days are spent on the couch. I get out of bed, go to the couch, go to bed and repeat the same everyday. I can lay for an hour or longer and noticed that I haven't even moved my hands, arms, legs, or anything. I leave the house maybe once a week or every 2 weeks, just when I have to. I don't even want to take a bath or brush my teeth. I have no desire for anything what so ever. Can't think of anything that would make me happy. I see no reason to be here except my soul would go to hell, and it would devastate my mother. Those are the only 2 reasons I haven't done it. How long will those 2 reasons last before "it" over powers me?

2. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

Good Lord hun:eek:hmy: Please get yourself to a doctor you have profound depression!!! Don't try to make any decisions other than getting to your doctor. If you can, print out this page and take it with you so that the doctor will see just how depressed you are. :hug:

3. Mya

Mya Well-Known Member

Babe, you can beat this...dont let this best win...its ok to feel helpless...maby not good but ok...just get mad...but dont let this fucker beat you...stay strong, and see how this crazy world ends up...dont go before you time...and stay in councling

(p.s im no good at giving advice...)

4. lost_child

lost_child Well-Known Member

I'm sorry to hear how your feeling, have you spoken to your doctor about the medication you are on? It could be that you are immune or that the tablets are no longer working for you.

When ur feeling depressed, the get up and go and gets up and goes...its so difficult to reach out when your feeling that their is no hope, please keep reaching out here and try and see your doctor if you can.

I feel for you, I know how draining and emotionally destroying depression is

Thinking of you.

Lost xx