Should I stop smoking?

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by cult logic, Jan 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cult logic

cult logic Staff Alumni

Well, I've been doing some reflecting today.

Last Wednesday I ran out of bud, being that I have been smoking more or less daily for 2-3 months, I figured I should take a T-break.

However, this last week has been alarmingly hard for me. I even dreamt about getting some bud that was just full of bomb trichs and just so delicious.

But, it got me to thinking.

I mean, bud is a good pasttime, a way to have fun and just chill.

But I think once it starts changing from that to being a way to escape is when there might be a problem...

IDK, I'm a staunch advocate of weed, but it comes down to responsibility, and it's not for everyone.

I'm not sure I've that capability to really separate those two extremes of recreation and escape.

Thoughtful comments appreciated. :)

2. Romancer

Romancer Well-Known Member

i think it's the same as any drug (alcohol, weed, chocolate, tea, meds), when you start to abuse it, it's on you to stop or continue.

3. Kendle

Kendle Well-Known Member

I've noticed that when I use it for a while and then I just stop, it sometimes puts me in a funk for a few weeks. Not physically, but emotionally, I can get weepy and depressed (might you be going through something similar?). I think it depends on how much was being used, more than how often. When I had it, seemed to me that if I followed a cycle of 3 weeks of smoking most nights, then a week of not, then I was able to keep a happy medium.

I don't know. If you can smoke it and do normal things too, then why not? Better than having a beer or two every night. If it starts impairing you then maybe it's time to cut back.

On a side note, I have dreams about weed too...they almost always involve my parents finding (or almost finding) my stash, to my horror. And the funny thing about that is, I'm 40. lol.

4. peacelovingguy

peacelovingguy Well-Known Member

If you can treat weed like a beer or two at the end of a productive day then its not a problem. Smoking anything is not good for you though but if you can be sure of the supply of bud and know it is not mouldy or sprayed with chemicals then its not so bad.

Waking up to a bowl and watching entire series of TV shows, maybe not so good!

The less you use the more effect it actually has.

Best to try and use when the sun goes down.

5. steveoh

steveoh Active Member

if you have the money to spend its ok, just dont let it effect the things you "have" to do, weed is a great cure for boredom, i used to smoke all day everyday, then after having an experience with mushrooms, after that my highs would be extremely awkward, so now i just smoke when partying

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.